How do I create a Virtual Toe Brake on an NXT EVO stick?

Moderator: AdminGroup

hyundae

How do I create a Virtual Toe Brake on an NXT EVO stick?

Postby hyundae » Tue Feb 13, 2024 15:16

I have the NXT EVO STICK.

I want to use the twist rudder on the stick and at the same time operate the virtulal toe brake with the throttle lever.

For example,
If I twist the rudder to the left and then raise the throttle lever, the left toe brake kicks in.
If I twist the rudder to the right and then raise the throttle lever, the right toe brake kicks in.

The throttle lever is basically working to the both wheel brake, and if I raise the lever without the rudder, both wheel brakes will work at the same time.
Because I have other throttle gear, so I don't have to use the throttle lever on the stick.

스크린샷 2024-02-13 205328.png

[My vkb config setting, I haven't modified anything at the moment and it's in the default state.]

스크린샷 2024-02-13 205401.png

[Rot z = twist rudder axis, Axis z = throttle lever]

EVO.jpg

I would be grateful if you could help.

Ron61

Re: How do I create a Virtual Toe Brake on an NXT EVO stick?

Postby Ron61 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:49

The option is similar to the MCG grip setup, which has a brake lever. We will emulate it with the throttle axis on the base.
Therefore, you first need to uncheck Cn on the 4th axis and set ACn (in physics), write it to the controller with the Set button and calibrate.
Before calibration, move the gas lever to the upper position - this is important.
The KdHi and KdLo values should be approximately the following - 30 and 255.
Now we set the remaining values according to the picture.
As a result, we have an analogue of the brake lever of the MCG grip, and when the twist is turned, the opposite wheel will be released.
Diff.Brk+Th.jpg

Return to “Technical Support”