T-Rudders being seen as 2nd gunfighter

Moderator: AdminGroup

kevmk81

T-Rudders being seen as 2nd gunfighter

Postby kevmk81 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 21:25

I don't know why this is all of a sudden an issue, but my t-rudders are now being seen as a 1 axis 2nd gunfighter device. I've tried doing multiple fixes, default button and running through calibration, etc, but nothing seems to help. This was pretty random... I've made no changes - in fact - played MSFS just fine yesterday. Let me know what I can do to get this fixed. Thanks

fallout9

Re: T-Rudders being seen as 2nd gunfighter

Postby fallout9 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:08

Upload a screenshot of VKBDevCfg so we could see your firmware version.

kevmk81

Postby kevmk81 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 0:07

I've decided to just use two separate blackboxes - the one that came with the trudder and the one that came with the gunfighter. it works better for my desk setup this way anyways - and it's fine having one less open USB port

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:58

May be you use firmware named Gunfighter... for Trudders. MSFS doesn't see physical device. Virtual one only.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Delta

Postby Delta » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:44

If they were on the same black box before, my guess is that it was unified firmware and some model of MCG. Both Pro and Ultimate are configured for 6 axes on the grip and 2 on the base, so rudders get bumped onto the virtual controller, which, to someone unfamiliar with how VCs work, would look like a "second Gunfighter".

kevmk81 wrote:I don't know why this is all of a sudden an issue, but my t-rudders are now being seen as a 1 axis 2nd gunfighter device. I've tried doing multiple fixes, default button and running through calibration, etc, but nothing seems to help. This was pretty random... I've made no changes - in fact - played MSFS just fine yesterday. Let me know what I can do to get this fixed. Thanks

If they were plugged into the same Black Box as your Gunfighter, by all reasons they should always have shown up as Gunfighter. Simply put, from the perspective of Windows, everything you plug into a single Black Box becomes part of one big controller. Indeed you could say that from your computer's perspective, the Black Box is the controller, and anything you have in your hands or under your feet are just sensors pushing data into your controller.
So from your computer's point of view, when you plugged your pedals onto the Gunfighter's Black Box, they became part of your Gunfighter. But since most games can only handle 8 axes per controller, the Gunfighter shows up twice, once for the 8 axes that it had out of the box, and once for the rudder axis you added later.

Return to “Technical Support”