GNX SEM short module-to-joystick cable

Moderator: AdminGroup

Delta

Re: GNX SEM short module-to-joystick cable

Postby Delta » Thu Feb 22, 2024 22:27

Native wrote:
Delta wrote:Just asked Jukelo on Discord, who has an old stick like that. The KMZ41 version of 2.17C (the current experimental build) works fine for them. The regular version still has the mini-throttle not-working, but that is the same on 2.16.5.

nice information about the 2.17C, I will try that out later, when I get my joysticks back. I am prepairing them to send my josticks and SEM module now to them to let them check it (contacted VKB with a support ticket).
Delta wrote:Does the joystick start up if you hold F1&F3 when you plug it in?

I have tried it out and no, doesn't work.
Same problem again. Only when i unplug the cable from the SEM Modul, start the Joystick without the SEM Modul, unplug the USB, plug the SEM module cable in and start again. Then it starts normal as long I don't shut down my computer :roll: I have tried stand by too, but didn't work.

Update:
I've just realised that you must mean F1&F3 with the config software open and yes, it will start normally. What is the reason for this?
Update 2:
after shutting down and starting again my computer it didn't work with F1&F3. I tried it many times, but no... it doesn't start up. I am very confused now.

Holding F1 and F3 while connecting the controller to the PC enables a sort of soft start mode. Not entirely sure how that works, but I believe it initializes some things a little more slowly, which improves the stability of extension controllers.

If something like that helps your situation, you might want to try R_Mod:

In your VKBDevCfg folder, open the zconfig.ini file in a text editor.
Find the line that says [Device]
Underneath, write a new line with the content

Code: Select all

GNX_R_MOD=1

This should give you a new setting in VKBDevCfg under global/common. R-Mod. Check that (once you get your stick to start, either by unplugging the SEM or with the F1/F3 trick).
With a bit of luck, the combo should be more stable.

Native

Re: GNX SEM short module-to-joystick cable

Postby Native » Thu Feb 22, 2024 22:36

fallout9 wrote:When Delta said you should use the 3 wires cable he knew what he was saying :)

I had tried it already... viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7904#p61870
but didn't work. Same problem. It seems like this connector in the joystick is broken :(
fallout9 wrote:Nice pic above btw, might use it on our Instagram account if you won't mind.

Oh, thanks... of course you can use it.
Greetings from Germany

Return to “Technical Support”