Mini Plus throttle axis not recognised

Moderator: AdminGroup

MaygarRodub

Mini Plus throttle axis not recognised

Postby MaygarRodub » Tue Feb 06, 2024 21:51

I am slightly lost when it comes to this device. Support is replying to one email every 30 hours, which sucks. I work in IT support, so I'm not an idiot, but I really don't know what the issue is, here.

I can't get the configurator software to recognise the throttle axis (see attached image). I have little doubt that it's something I'm doing/not doing or doing wrong.

I've updated to the latest firmware (2.16.5) and have reset the device several times. Nothing seems to make a difference. I had the white 5-way dial initially set at position 5 and this didn't work in any games - the buttons did, but not the throttle. When I switched the dial to position 3, it worked for a few minutes. Now it does not work at all. No matter what I try, I can't get the axis to register in the 'Test' tab, within the configurator software. I've done 'polling' and I can see that all buttons work but I can't even see the buttons in the test area, as well as not being able to see the throttle axis.

Here's what the 'info' tab says:

"HID-compliant game controller
Product Name: S-TECS MODERN THROTTLE MINI PLUS
PRO version
T-Link supported
Firmware version: v2.165"

I'm pulling my hair out with frustration, so any help will be hugely appreciated.

Thank you.
Attachments
VKB Config Test.png

Delta

Re: Mini Plus throttle axis not recognised

Postby Delta » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:13

When you say reset, do you mean default? Or do you mean the "reset" button in the action bar, which just restarts the device?

Anyway, please show your global/common and profile/axes screens. Also, take note of any background software, particularly HidHide (is it installed?) and any control software for RGB gaming peripherals (is it running?).

Return to “Technical Support”