X & Y stopped working on my Gunfighter MCG MkII Pro.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Snacko

X & Y stopped working on my Gunfighter MCG MkII Pro.

Postby Snacko » Tue Jan 30, 2024 22:35

On the External Devices tab in the Device Config the MCG 2.17.9 is Green, and the GF Base 2:17.8 is all Red.

I am running:
Firmware v2.16.5
VKBDevCfg Device Configurator v0.92.88

I updated the PCB over a year ago I think. It has those new wire clips that you screw on it, to hold the plugs in place. And it's been working great until last night. I have rebooted a few times. And I saw a post that said the problem might be inside, so I took it apart once again.... And the only thing that I found was a white wire that had been caught under the wire click, right next to the bolt and got smashed. The plastic was off of one side, but the wires were still connected.

Luckily, I had a spare wire that matched the wire colors of that smashed wire and I replaced it to no avail..

I wonder if the white wire, which was touching the bolt probably, might have caused a short on the board???
The side board has a red flashing light on it. What does that mean??

Please Help!! :cry:

fallout9

Re: X & Y stopped working on my Gunfighter MCG MkII Pro.

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 23:29

Some things to try:
- reset to default, then click Yes when the configure popup shows up;
- try another USB cable (any printer cable would do);
- check for damage the cable connecting the Black Box with the base.

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:13

Ok, I ran the Default, and recalibrated, but that didn't fix it... I had broken the plug from the stick to the base two years ago, so I had bought a few of them. Luckily I had a spare.. I swapped cables, but it's still the same. So, I found an old printer type plug and swapped that and plugged it into my MB. But still the same..

What does that red light on the board mean?

What do I do now? :?:

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Wed Jan 31, 2024 17:57

PS: When I ran the Default, it did not pop up a message to 'Configure' as you stated. It popped up a message to 'Calibrate'. I assume that is what you meant?

I shutdown last night, and when I started up this morning the black(orange) box was green and blue!! But after about 30 minutes I got up from my desk and when I came back it was red again... But I did notice that only twice, as I was wiggling the wire from the stick to the box, the red light on the box flashed green. I have tried 3 different wires on this(one that is supposedly broken, but tried it anyway) and the two 'good' wires I think showed a flash of green for a split second. So, I am leaning towards a problem with the sockets on the box or more likely, the stick.

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Wed Jan 31, 2024 23:43

I put in a support ticket for this.

Delta

Postby Delta » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:19

Snacko wrote:PS: When I ran the Default, it did not pop up a message to 'Configure' as you stated. It popped up a message to 'Calibrate'. I assume that is what you meant?

You only get the configure prompt with unified firmware. It is the default for blackbox mk3, stecs, gladiator nxt and gnx-hid, but your old black box mk1 probably has a grip-specific firmware on it.

Return to “Technical Support”