Virtual Button stuck "On"

Moderator: AdminGroup

Deltahog

Virtual Button stuck "On"

Postby Deltahog » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:26

Apologies in advanced for the lengthy post. I've read through the config manual but I'm not seeing the solution to my problem there.

I had initially set up a detent frame with single detent for throttle idle/cutoff using the "1>,<2" event, selecting the "Pulse" feature, then selecting virtual button 79, but this auto-populates and uses 80, 81 and 82 - ok, so far so good. I followed a YouTube video on doing this process. However, I found that when I was looking at the "Test" tab, to show button activation, I found that while the Throttle was in the idle position or anywhere else in the throttle range towards 100%, the virtual button "80" continued to show activated (circle solid red)
Buttons Test.jpg

After a bit of trying this and that, I tried to clear the set for this specific detent tray (blue). But the screen shot you see above continued to show that button 80 is still depressed, even though it theoretically should have been cleared. I found that this is the case even looking at the other detent profiles for the other sets I created. So I went through the procedure again, this time I left the "pulse" feature un-checked to illustrate how button 80 continues to show depressed. I reset the detent event to "1>,<2", again double clicked available button 79, which populated 79, 80, 81, 82 for the throttle cutoff/idle position of the throttle slider. As you can see from the following screens, the "80" button just doesn't want to go inactive.

Buttons Profile.jpg
Virtual button set Detent #1.png
Throttle Cutoff - Idle buttons selected.jpg
Button Set Greater than 1 less than 2, throttles in fuel cutoff position.png
Button Set Greater than 1 Less than 2, throttles in idle position.png

So as you can see, the throttle in the "Idle Cutoff" position before the idle detent shows button 79 and 80 active, then after moving the throttles to the "Idle" position after the detent, 81 and 82 buttons are active, but button 80 also remains active.

I'm not any kind of software or engineer by any stretch so if there is a solution to correct this, please keep it to a layman's understanding, ha ha! Thanks in advance.

Ron61

Re: Virtual Button stuck "On"

Postby Ron61 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:54

Have you watched this video, what is unclear about it?
It is worth looking here for new information.

Deltahog

Re: Virtual Button stuck "On"

Postby Deltahog » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:57

Apologies - as it were, shortly after I posted this, I was looking at the Boolean settings I had tried to follow via a Youtuber to create a virtual button for the "flaps" switch centre position. As it was, it was the wrong settings he had in his procedure that made the button "active" all the time. Then I found and followed the official VKB procedure to do the same thing but with different settings that actually worked properly. So the issue has been resolved.

Return to “Technical Support”