New gunfighter MCGU - stick buttons not registering - flashing red

Moderator: AdminGroup

kevmk81

New gunfighter MCGU - stick buttons not registering - flashing red

Postby kevmk81 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:39

I have a new gunfighter MCGU I'm trying to install. My blackbox (newest version) is flashing red. Pitch and roll axis work on the stick but buttons don't.

One thing that is interesting is that zbootloader isn't letting me update the firmware as an ultimate... it only sees it as a pro.

A little bummed out this happens right out of the gate :-( I replaced my x56 because I was tired of the ghost inputs.

Thoughts?

Delta

Re: New gunfighter MCGU - stick buttons not registering - flashing red

Postby Delta » Sat Jan 27, 2024 13:22

First of all, the new Gunfighter sticks do not requre firmware flashing to configure the grip, there is just one firmware for the blackbox Mk3. Use the default and auto config buttons to get your stick configured, or the sys button on the black box.

Second, if you have tried auto config and it did not work, try reseating the grip on the base. Make sure to unplug the USB connection before attaching or removing the grip.

kevmk81

Postby kevmk81 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 23:47

It's turned out that it saw the stick as an MCG pro. I did a reset using the button on the blackbox - and the stick is now being seen as an MCG Ultimate - however it's being seen as having twist - which my version doesn't... and I'd like to be able to use the trudders that I have. I'm struggling to get it to be seen as an MCG Ultimate - without twist - now. So it's close now - just need it set up a bit more properly. I can actually use the stick and its' buttons now so that's good... just would like to have it where I don't have to use both the trudder black box as well as the blackbox that came w the MCCGU.

I wouldn't have messed with the firmware if the stick wasn't being seen as an MCGP. Just for reference - I did place an order to purchase the MCGP - but ended up returning the P and bought the U... not sure if that has anything to do with it... if they somehow do pre-config or something prior to shipping out... not really sure how that all works... but wondering if that might be it.

kevmk81

Postby kevmk81 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 23:49

I've seen other threads with their op1 saved... I've attached mine if that helps.
Attachments
4B4B3732.zip
(9.88 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

kevmk81

Postby kevmk81 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 15:51

Quick update… I have everything working under one black box now. I’m still not sure why I wouldn’t be able to flash the stick as a non twist stick - which will probably need an update at some point down the road.

Return to “Technical Support”