STECS buttons in Joystick Gremlin

Moderator: AdminGroup

Eetsjone

STECS buttons in Joystick Gremlin

Postby Eetsjone » Fri Jan 26, 2024 17:30

Hello,

As we all know, IL-2 still has this 62 button limitation. With my previous throttle I could use Joystick Gremlin to overcome this.

But now, with the STECS I run into a problem. I've added the STEM module and the GNX SEM-V module to the throttle.

When I use the UP-Down (Flaps?) switch on the STEM it shows as buttons 51/52 in Joystick Gremlin. No problem there.

When I use the Up-Down switch (Flaps?) on the GNX SEM-V it shows as buttons 70-71-73 in Joystick Gremlin.
And when I use the Up-Down switch (Landing Gear?) on the GNX SEM-V it shows as buttons 74-75-76 in Joystick Gremlin.
The problems come with these two switches on the GNX SEM-V. In Joystick Gremlin the numbers jump irregular and do not 'follow' the actual switch settings.
I made three small videos showing this. But the mp4 extension are not allowed so I made them in zip files. But these also get refused (HTTP error).

fallout9

Re: STECS buttons in Joystick Gremlin

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 20:56

Not sure about Joystick Gremlin, but you can use the Virtual Controller feature built in the native software - on the Global/common tab set the #Butt to 64, the VC to 1, then press the Set button under the Action tab - this will split the device into 2 virtual controllers, first with the first 64 buttons and second with the buttons 65 an higher.

Eetsjone

Re: STECS buttons in Joystick Gremlin

Postby Eetsjone » Sun Jan 28, 2024 15:59

Thank you very much for the solution and the expalanation.
This gives two STECS modules within the flightsims. Lots of buttons now available without the need for additional software.
:)

Return to “Technical Support”