Problem setting up STECS detents

Moderator: AdminGroup

Gianky

Problem setting up STECS detents

Postby Gianky » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:50

Hey there!
I just received my STECS and I'm trying to set up a detent for the DCS Hornet.

I took the green frame (set 4), added a tall L detent at around 15 % for the OFF/IDLE position and a low L detent at around 85 % for the afterburner position.

I set up the first detent with a CRV at 0, so that the throttles in game is in idle as soon as the physical throttles are past the detent and the 1>.<2 event, with pulsed inputs. Everything works fine and as intended.

Troubles come when I try to set up the afterburner detent. I want the throttles in game to reach full MIL when the physical throttles (let's call them the grips) get to the detent, so I set up the second CRV to 100. Once past the detent, the direct input should always be at 100, but it's not. In fact, if I move the grips to the detent slowly, they get to 100 when they hit the detent, but immediately after, as the grips moves on the detent, DI drops at 70,3/70,4 and stay there till the grips get past the detent. I'm attaching some pictures, I hope they'll help understand.

What's the problem, here? How can I have DI stay at a steady 100 when the grips hit the detent?
Attachments
Grips slowly moved at detent, DI is as intended.jpg
Grips on detent, DI drops at 70,3 instead of staying at 100.jpg
Grips past detent, DI is back at 100.jpg

Return to “Technical Support”