Gunfighter IV Roll Centering Weaker from the Left

Moderator: AdminGroup

lightblueyonder

Gunfighter IV Roll Centering Weaker from the Left

Postby lightblueyonder » Thu Jan 18, 2024 19:35

Hello all,

I recently started using a Gunfighter IV stick with extension. I recently noticed that the centering from a left stick deflection is significantly weaker than the centering from a right stick deflection. When I apply a full right deflection and let go, the stick has enough force to go past the center, but from the left, it barely makes it to the center point without any assistance. This is the case even with the tensioners all the way tight and dampener all the way loose. Is this a problem with the base or is it by design?

Thanks for any help!

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter IV Roll Centering Weaker from the Left

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 20:47

If the dampeners are completely released, then it must be a greasing issue. Should settle with use.

lightblueyonder

Postby lightblueyonder » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:56

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Gunfighter IV have a dry clutch with no grease? I've had the stick for about 3 months, and it doesn't seem to be getting better. I can take a video of the problem if that'll help.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 13:25

What kind of grip do you have?
If MCGU, then it has an asymmetrical weight distribution relative to the center line. Therefore, the advantage is in one direction, quite small.
But such questions always confuse me, and a counter question arises - why do you let go of the control stick of an airplane or helicopter during a flight?

Return to “Technical Support”