VKB NXT EVO no longer recognized by windows

Moderator: AdminGroup

mpompey0110

VKB NXT EVO no longer recognized by windows

Postby mpompey0110 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:28

I've got an NXT EVO with THQ module that suddenly is no longer recognized in Windows.
It's been working fine, only about 3 weeks old. The normal blue LEDs that used to come
on when it is plugged in no longer are lit.

Now when I plug it i, the red and white led at the top light up for a split second and that is it.
It doesn't show up in VKBDEvCfg utility either. If I hold down F1-F2-F3 buttons while plugging in,
the blue led on base lights up and stays lit. The joystick will show up as "zBoot Njoy32" in both
Bootloader and VKBDevCfg utility. When I flash it with the same firmware I did when I first
received it, "zBoot Njoy32 v02.35" disappears from both the Bootloader and DevCfg and it
goes back to being undetectable in windows.

Is there a set of troubleshooting steps I can work through?

fallout9

Re: VKB NXT EVO no longer recognized by windows

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:47

Try other USB ports, preferably the back of the computer or, even better, powered USB. Update your Windows, the USB and mainboard chipset drivers.
Disconnect the THQ and reflash the Gladiator only, then try to reconnect the THQ.

mpompey0110

Re: VKB NXT EVO no longer recognized by windows

Postby mpompey0110 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:21

Hey wanted to reply as to the status.

Here are the steps that I took before the issue resolved.

Rebooted machine
Tested different USB Cables: Same issue, no change in joystick
Check Device Manager: No issues indicated, no change in joystick
Checked windows drivers for updates: No updates necessary, no change in joystick
Check Mainboard Drivers via Asus Armory Crate: Updates related to RGB and fan control, no change in joystick
Pulled all USB devices and restarted: no change in joystick
Tried plugging joystick as sole USB device connected to USB 3.0 port at rear of motherboard, moving other devices
to USB 3.0 pcie card: Issue Resolved

Return to “Technical Support”