SEM-V+THQ-V+2THQ Not Recognizing All Modules

Moderator: AdminGroup

Czech6

SEM-V+THQ-V+2THQ Not Recognizing All Modules

Postby Czech6 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 19:09

My system with the WW2 throttle was working until a month ago when the buttons stopped working on the throttle grip. I installed a new WW2 grip and now when I do a setup VKBDevCfg is only recognizing two modules, usually the SEM and one THQ. I'm using VKBDevCfg-C_v_2_16_5.vkb in Administrator mode; I've flashed the unit with v_2_16_5. I've removed and reset the HIB.

If I disconnect the two vertical modules, the two THQ modules will show up and calibrate. If I connect the two vertical modules back to the two THQ modules, I only get the SEM and one THQ. Previously, the configuration program would show the SEM-V, THQ-V, and 2THQ and would automatically setup two virual components. Now, it only shows the SEM and one THQ. If I manually set VC to 1 and check all nine controls it will default back to VC of 0 and only three controls when I click Default. Find and Configure also always sets it back to VC of 0 and only three controls.

fallout9

Re: SEM-V+THQ-V+2THQ Not Recognizing All Modules

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 22:33

The THQs have to be on different subaddresses in order to get recognized and the THQ carrying the WWII grip has to be on Sub4 in order to recognize the buttons on the grip.
Check this similar build here and details about the WWII grip throttle here.

Czech6

Postby Czech6 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 21:51

Yes, I'm aware of those requirements. I set each THQ on a separate subaddress, and the THQ with the WW2 Throtle I set at subaddress 4. As I said I had all this working at one time. I've gone through the setup process using separate subaddress over a dozen times. It will no longer recognize four modules, only two. With all four connected, it recognizes the SEM-V and THQ-V. If I disconnect those two modules and setup the two THQ's, they are both recognized and I can calibrate the six axis on those two THQ's. When I originally set it up the software recognized that there was four modules and three were THQ, so it automatically setup two virtual controllers so the 9th axis could be on the second virtual controller. So, the setup originally worked as it was supposed to. I submitted a photo of my wiring connections. Are they correct?

Czech6

Postby Czech6 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 22:20

When I do Find and Show, it lists the SEM-V as sub #1 and the THQ-V as sub #3. Is that correct? Should the SEM be using a subaddress? I assigned sub #1 to the THQ-V when I did the setup.

Czech6

Postby Czech6 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 19:26

Disregard my comment about the SEM showing as Sub #1. I understand now that it's separate from the THQ's.

But, still no resolution to my problem. VKBDevCfg does not see four modules, only two (and I've tried different versions of the configuration software). Wiring appears as it was in the video. I've tried flashing with v2_10_8 since that was recommended for people having a similar problem, but that didn't make any difference. I think the HID may have partially failed. I ordered a new one to test that assumption. Meanwhile, my four module system sits in the closet.

Return to “Technical Support”