Gladiator NXT EVO F-14 Combat Edition

Moderator: AdminGroup

FETCH_org

Gladiator NXT EVO F-14 Combat Edition

Postby FETCH_org » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:15

I have a Gladiator NXT EVO F-14 Combat Edition Joystick/Base combo that will not calibrate.
At start up a pop-up appears that says the Joystick / Base combo needs a calibration.
When I click that pop-up to begin the calibration nothing happens, it does not start the calibration.
I have a Mini Throttle that works fine with the firmware and profiles provided and suggested by you, but the Gladiator NXT EVO F-14 Combat Edition does not appear to have a profile for it. In the downloads available in the "Gladiator_NXT_Series" Folder ... I there does not seem to be a profile that matches the F-14? Please tell me which profile / profiles will work with this Joystick / Base combo?

Profile 2.165 is the best solution I can come up with so far, works perfectly with the Mini Throttle, but looks as though it is for a different Joystick.
It kinda' works. But won't calibrate and the img. of the device is of another Joystick.

The only way I can get the blue light on the base to quit blinking (which indicates its ready) is to apply a profile created before adding the Mini Throttle. I understand that since each device has its own USB connection there should be no conflicts, and I don't think there are but that is the only way I can get the blue light to show ready.

Thanks for any relpy.

P.S.
I would also like to point out that on the VBK You Tube Channel there are videos that pertain to the F-14 Stick, other Stick/Base combos, but not the NXT EVO Combat Edition. Maybe a little help there? Just a suggestion.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO F-14 Combat Edition

Postby fallout9 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:26

The procedure is presented in the Gladiator NXT/EVO guide: flash to latest, click Default, click Yes to the config popup. Calibration for the F-14 grip is a bit different because there are different axes to initialize between the Start and End Calibr buttons: pitch, roll, twist, DLC wheel.

FETCH_org

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO F-14 Combat Edition

Postby FETCH_org » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:02

Thanks for the reply, I just needed to know what to do, with this F-14 it's kinda' a gray area. Without an image representing the actual Joystick it leads to doubt, which leads to a fishing expedition.

cool beanz

Return to “Technical Support”