CAD model for STECs mini for a Defence Simulator

Moderator: AdminGroup

Widow19

CAD model for STECs mini for a Defence Simulator

Postby Widow19 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:55

We are looking at your gunfighter joysticks, hoping it may have a modification that allows the control to be screwed on and off like the Thrustmaster HOTAS.
We are building simulators for the Defence industry, the US AirForce and require the stick to be easily removed and stored for transport. We have already purchased your STECS mini and would like to have a matching set.
We have seen Thrustmaster HOTAS has MONOPOLY in the Defence sector and want to stand out from the crowd.
Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Hoping to hear from either AeroGator or UIV

Thanks guys

AeroGator

Re: CAD model for STECs mini for a Defence Simulator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:05

Hi, thanks for asking. As far as I know, we're not going to change the connector any time soon. Besides many technical reasons, there is one more obvious: such connection would inevitably add to overall height of the unit, which would make it less ergonomical for desktop use.
But you puzzled me a bit... I will talk to the engineers and find out whether any change in this particular part is being considered.
I will write a follow up later.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Re: CAD model for STECs mini for a Defence Simulator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:16

Talked to the team.
a - we don't plan to change the connector in our serial products, but there is still a possibility to produce a limited batch for customers' special needs. the price will of course have to be different, and will depend on the size of the batch.
b - either way, we need to remind that these joysticks will remain within "gaming" grade rather than true "military grade" which would require totally different approach.
Please feel free to contact me via DM should you wish to discuss any detail.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “Technical Support”