WWII throttle grip buttons 49, 50 ,51, 52 stop working when throttle slider axis is forward

Moderator: AdminGroup

RogoRogo

WWII throttle grip buttons 49, 50 ,51, 52 stop working when throttle slider axis is forward

Postby RogoRogo » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:27

I am using a WWII throttle module connected to a left NXT base (dualsticks plus throttle) and had issues from the start (entire left array of WWII+NXT+SEM-V not recognized, later not booting, aso aso aso, a really long story).

VKB Support Europe was extremly forthcoming and helpful (fe sending me new PCBs with no questions asked and trying their best to not having me to send controllers in unnecessarily).
And while I was able to finally smash the issues via a powered USB Hub (where again VKB Support made a suitable recommendation, so again - KUDOS!!! in earnest) - the real culprit slowly unveils itself.

ATM I face the following bizarre issue:
Everything works but when I slide the WWII-throttle handle forward (which is a FW-190 throttle grip) the forward grey buttons (49, 50) and the Drezahlregler (buttons 51, 52) just stop working, completely.
This happens when the throttle is slid forward beyond halfway (50%+a increment)
The buttons only regain functionality when the handle is slid backwards below 25%.
The SIDE buttons (53, 54) KEEP WORKING at all times.
As I (just my luck) am using the forward buttons for zoom all the time, this is kind of a problem.
I would enquire if anyone has ever experienced something like this - I was not aware for the longest time since I was slowly isolating the issue, and when stuff worked I was either fakeflying a rotary (slider axis in reverse for collective), or thought of yet another DCS issue or in fakespace where I do not use a throttle.

Firmware is flashed to v2,165, WWII Throttle is connected to NXT base in "left" cabling, SEM-V is already separated and running on its own HID (and I do not want to risk remerging it "never change a running system", originally I only wanted one USB connection per stronghold mount), all functions and modules work flawlessly even when the buttons on the throttle grip are in "dead" state.

I am hesistant to yet again open a ticket without trying to gain every little bit of knowledge first - and would be thankfull for any feedback.

Return to “Technical Support”