New gunfighter mk4 with mk3 blackbox can't calibrate

Moderator: AdminGroup

SP9015

New gunfighter mk4 with mk3 blackbox can't calibrate

Postby SP9015 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:24

This is my first VKB product and I guess I royally screwed it up when attempting to calibrate it because I'm getting no progress towards getting this thing to work. I set it up and changed out one button and the two axis springs before I hooked it up and attempted to follow along with the video to calibrate it using just the blackbox and not the dev config program. I wasn't getting the lights as shown on the video so I downloaded the dev config and attempted to use Zbootloader to update it even though now in hindsight I guess I probably didn't need to. I messed around with things and tried to calibrate it in the dev config but it gave me a couple pop up windows saying I needed to calibrate the device, which I was trying to do but then it just closed the program and I guess I did something wrong. Now my blackbox is only showing a dim blue light above the red button and nothing else, and I can't see any devices connected on the dev config or the Zbootloader. If I press the red button once the blue light gets brighter but all I see in the dev config and Zbootloader is Njoy32 and attempting to flash the blackbox mk3 unified does nothing but reset the blue light back to a dim blue light and I'm back to square one. Kinda discouraged right now, no idea what to do with this brand new $550 joystick currently acting as a paper weight.

fallout9

Re: New gunfighter mk4 with mk3 blackbox can't calibrate

Postby fallout9 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:47

Do this:
- plug the device to USB and run VKBDevCfg as Admin;
- select the device at the top and click Default button under the Tools tab;
- after the restart you'll get a popup asking to configure, click Yes;
- after another restart you get a new popup asking to calibrate, click No, then follow the calibration video.

If you still have issues please run VKBDevCfg and post a screenshot.

SP9015

Postby SP9015 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 18:21

It does not appear to be an option. This is all I see.
Attachments
Desktop Screenshot 2023.12.19 - 09.19.00.97.png

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 18:53

Your BB controller is in firmware mode. To return to working condition, you need to reconnect the USB cable. Copy the ZBootloader2.exe flash driver to the folder with the configurator if you need to update the firmware.

SP9015

Postby SP9015 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 23:04

Do you just mean to reconnect the USB to the computer? I tried that but I seem to be in the same situation, the BB has a dim blue light and only after clicking it does it show up as seen in the SS I posted.

Would that require updating the firmware? I’ve tried doing the flash driver but it still didn’t change anything.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:26

Watch this to understand the MK3 BB indication. Try connecting on another machine, laptop.

Return to “Technical Support”