Gunfighter MK4 clicking on X-axis and sticking when deflecting right

Moderator: AdminGroup

AdamD19D

Gunfighter MK4 clicking on X-axis and sticking when deflecting right

Postby AdamD19D » Sat Dec 02, 2023 18:24

Hi all. Recently got my gunfighter and MCG ultimate set up after hours trying to find something that would work with both the 200mm extension in center and the short off to the right. Space-s cams with #50 and #30 springs on each axis gave me the feel I wanted without being too heavy in short configuration. The last thing I did before I started to get a clicking noise when moving off center of X plus some light sticking on right deflection was getting my dampening dialed in. It's about 6-7 full rotations loose of max. I didn't touch the springs after I found the right combination and I didn't have any issues at first but they would be my guess for whats the issue. I've loosened the tensioner and moved the 2 rubber sleeves all around to different spots on the springs but it still seems like they are rubbing at some point. Looking in the gimble while I move it around I can't see anything touching. I'll get a light click when moving left off center, and 2-3 harder clicks going between center to full right. Should I keep fiddling with the springs or is it likely something else. Thank you

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter MK4 clicking on X-axis and sticking when deflecting right

Postby fallout9 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:37

Make sure the cam is properly secured, so it doesn't rotate around the screw. Also, the springs have to be installed back to back, with the sleeves on.

AdamD19D

Postby AdamD19D » Sun Dec 03, 2023 16:39

Took one of the 2 springs off and the issue still persisted, so moving on to checking the cam. There is a little light galling on the end of the cam along the edge of the side and the flat part the roller moves along. It's right on the area where it passes over the roller on right deflections. Took a felt tip polisher for a dremel and ran it up and down a bit and it got rid of the clicks on right deflection. I figured since they are for polishing soft metal like gold and silver it would be fine. There is still a slight click in the very center but hopefully passing over it with the polisher will smooth that out as well. Didn't hit that on my first run before putting it back on my mount

AdamD19D

Postby AdamD19D » Sat Dec 16, 2023 20:41

Update: I've pinpointed the cause of the issue. Apparently for some reason the 4 bolts mounting the gimbal, mounting plate, and UCM together need to be loose for it to not happen. What I have to do is tighten them all up so they are snug and then back them up a hair to the point where the tension of the bolts break loose. They are torqued too light to my liking so hopefully they don't loosen up anymore with use.

Return to “Technical Support”