Rubbing Noise NXT Evo OmniThrottle Left Hand

Moderator: AdminGroup

Ziggo

Rubbing Noise NXT Evo OmniThrottle Left Hand

Postby Ziggo » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:45

Hey guys, I just got a Gladiator NXT Evo left-hand omnithrottle stick one month ago and love it. However, the twist axis has recently started making a rubbing noise whenever i use it. It's most prominent with the "up" direction (or left if this stick was straight up and down) but I can also hear it the other way. Is this concerning at all? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I want to make sure I don't cause any long-term damage.

My right handed stick doesn't have this problem at all, both twist axis motions are completely silent.

Any help or fixes would be great!

fallout9

Re: Rubbing Noise NXT Evo OmniThrottle Left Hand

Postby fallout9 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:33

Move around a bit the grey dust cover, maybe it's out of position.

Ziggo

Postby Ziggo » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:56

I don't think the dust cover would have anything to do with it since it's the twist axis and the dust cover only moves with X or Y inputs. Honestly the stick itself has some give within the twist axis which is strange as my right hand stick (normal non-omni throttle) doesn't have any give in the twist axis.

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:42

Is it possible that the rubbing is internal and that is why there's some play in it as well.

Ziggo

Postby Ziggo » Sat Dec 02, 2023 21:56

It does feel like the rubbing is internal (at the very bottom of the stick around the circular plastic pieces where it connects to the omni adapter). I think the "play" in the stick has something to do with it. Is there a way to tighten this to prevent the rubbing from happening?

Want to make sure I don't cause any long-term damage to the stick since I only got it a month or so ago.

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Sun Dec 03, 2023 16:39

I'd need to take mine apart to give you a good walkthrough, which I'm not in a position to do right now, but the grip adapter connects the grip to the omni throttle and is secured with screws. The omni throttle installation video shows how to install the adapter, so should be a good guide as to how to disassemble it and then you can check that the screws are tight and there's no play.

Ziggo

Postby Ziggo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 0:53

Here are two videos outlining the issue if it helps:

https://youtube.com/shorts/cj0g0A5zFyM

https://youtube.com/shorts/RJZm2NtFp4Y

Thanks!

Return to “Technical Support”