STECS Standard is Working, But I guess I have a Problem

Moderator: AdminGroup

Bill

STECS Standard is Working, But I guess I have a Problem

Postby Bill » Sun Nov 26, 2023 20:17

I have owned the throttle for 3 days now, and used it on line and off line with no problems that I know of flying WWII aircraft, but I have not finished setting up all the function I want.

The problem is that the indicator lights do not show up as expected. Both ON lights on the Left and Right Throttle are RED. And the 3 lights on the main unit are not lighted at all, these are labeled LOCK, DNT and Not Labeled, these three lights show up White when the USB cable is first plugged in but after about 3-4 seconds they shut off. The lock light did show RED after I changed out a single switch for a 5-way, but after I correctly initialized the STECS it changed to no light at all. Also when I turn the 5-way switch on the main unit I expect the Not Labeled LED to change color for programming the detent modules, but nothing happens. The ON light on the main unit shows up as BLUE, and the STEM ON light also shows up as Blue on the extension module.

I have tried using the VKBDevCfg to set it to default, which it did, but the light situation did not change.

Firmware on the STECS is XT2 V2 2.165 and on the Device Config it is V0.92.88 (NJoy32 firmware v2.16.0)
Attachments
vkbConfig.jpg

fallout9

Re: STECS Standard is Working, But I guess I have a Problem

Postby fallout9 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 23:19

You have no control over the throttle LEDs; the one on the left throttle turns on when the throttles are locked. The other LEDs you can program yourself. The DNT LED will change by default if you swap detent frames, see here.

Bill

Postby Bill » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:12

Thanks for the help. I set up a couple of detent frames after watching the video you indicated. That got the long LED and the DNT LED to show some color. The Lock LED still just sets there with a blank face. Any idea why every video I watch shows that LED as green? I may just go into software and attempt to kick start it.

By the way, I was not aware that Events could be set up in relation to the detents! Have not done it yet, put plan too.

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:22

Are the throttles locked together, or are you using them as two independent throttles?

Bill

Postby Bill » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:22

My two throttles are NOT ganged together, they operate independently.

KPX

Postby KPX » Mon Nov 27, 2023 13:44

The lock led is green when both throttles are linked.
Have fun

Bill

Postby Bill » Mon Nov 27, 2023 18:37

Well, that is a revelation! That must be why that LED is labeled LOCK. Although it does turn RED when the device needs to be initialized? Thanks. So I have to ask you guys one more question. Is there an owners manual for the Stecs, so I do not have to ask dumb questions like this one.

I am having fun, thanks again.

KPX

Postby KPX » Mon Nov 27, 2023 19:07

Bill wrote:..... Although it does turn RED when the device needs to be initialized?...

I do not know.

Unfortunately, there is no manual (what I also regret). You have to look at the videos, ask in the forums, use discord to have information on the use of the Stecs (or other VKB's devices). You have a manual for the programing software :D

Hope it helps :D

Alex Oz

Postby Alex Oz » Mon Nov 27, 2023 23:14

In normal mode, LEDs LOCK/Detents SET are not available for user.
But you can unlock them using pimp-up mode (see help-center https://www.njoy32.vkb-sim.pro/devices/stecs )
Крайние прошивки и софт / Latest firmware & software
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908
http://alex-oz.strana.de

Return to “Technical Support”