Missing 3rd slider on GNX-THQ plus MSFS profile issues

Moderator: AdminGroup

brlowe

Missing 3rd slider on GNX-THQ plus MSFS profile issues

Postby brlowe » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:43

I have a NXT Evo set up with a GNX-SEM, GNX-THQ and FSM-GA connected to it.
I was having an issue in MSFS where it showed 2 VKB devices and I'm sure that is because the 3rd slider is a second virtual device. But MSFS was having a problem where I would make a change to one of the devices and it would show up under both of them and would always set the same profile to both of them. Things were not working right.
So I decided to reconfigure my joystick using the VKB Config program and while I was at it I updated to firmware 2.165.
I then went thru the process of setting it to default and configuring it and then calibrating it. All of this worked great except the 3rd axis (mixture) on the THQ module is not showing up at all. If I go to test|axis I see all the working ones and then select the drop down for the virtual joystick and I do not see the 3rd axis on the THQ module. In the drop down it shows the second device with Ax:0 and the first device shows Ax:8.
I'm at a loss, what am I doing wrong.

Also MSFS is still linking the 2 VKB devices so when I configure a button on 1 device it shows up on the second device but does not work.

Ron61

Re: Missing 3rd slider on GNX-THQ plus MSFS profile issues

Postby Ron61 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:08

Show Global-External (SEM), Profile-Axes (VC1 and VC2) tabs. Most likely, you need to put a couple of checkboxes in the right places.

brlowe

Postby brlowe » Mon Nov 13, 2023 17:47

Thanks for responding. I'm not sure where I find the Profile-Axes VC1 and VC2 tabs so here are a few screen shots.
Please let me know if you need a different screen shot or something I need to try.
Thank you
Screen1.png

Screen2.png

Screen3.png

Screen4.png

Screen5.png

Screen6.png

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 20:04

The THQ axes are positioned according to this setting. Two axes are located on VC1 at the 7th and 8th places, and the third is located on VC2 at the 1st axis. To make it visible, you need to activate the En and Vs checkboxes on the 1st (or 9th in the general axes) VC2.
THQ.png

brlowe

Postby brlowe » Mon Nov 13, 2023 22:02

Thank you. With your help I was able to get it working. Also looks like I have the profiles working correct in MSFS too.

Return to “Technical Support”