Gunfighter stopped working. Need help.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Peterswe

Gunfighter stopped working. Need help.

Postby Peterswe » Tue Oct 31, 2023 14:02

My gunfighter joystick stopped working from one day to another. It worked fine when i last used it and now it is completely unresponsive.

it is an orange blackbox with a kg grip.

On the blackbox i have one blue light, "sys" that is on constantly.
I have one red light, "stick" that is blinking.

I have checked and reseated the KG grip.
I did take it apart and reseat all the connectors
I changed the cable between the blackbox and the base for a new one, i also checked the cable with a multimeter and all four wires and both connectors on the cable are good.

i downloaded the latest software and flashed the blackbox with 2.165 firmware for the kg grip and revertet to default settings.

Within the device software v092,88 i i get a window saying !!!Need to calibrate controller!!!. This is not possible because i get absolutely no responce fron the joystick. No buttons or axis, no nothing.

If i open the external devices tab the bars for both the grip and the base are all red. When i click on the grip i get a window telling me that "#3 gf base 2:17.8 communication errorlevel 100%"

Can this be fixed?

Ron61

Re: Gunfighter stopped working. Need help.

Postby Ron61 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 21:55

Show tabs Global-External, Test-External Devices. If you have a multitester, you can check the voltage at the contact pads of the rod with the handle removed. There should be about 3.3V (at +) and 2.6V at signal.

Return to “Technical Support”