Two issues with new kit - please advise

Moderator: AdminGroup

ginoc1

Two issues with new kit - please advise

Postby ginoc1 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 15:55

Just finished getting my shiny new STECS Standard along with THQX2 attached to my UCM mount, plugged into PC, firmware all flashed and devices calibrated. I have the following two issues:

1) on my STECS - the metal TGL switch on the stem feels AND sounds "off"...like it's not lined up properly or maybe just a bad switch. It's harder and louder to move in the down position and has this double-click to it as if it's fighting itself or rubbing wrong. Do I need to open a support ticket to get it replaced? Is it easy to get to so I can check if it still behaves like this removed?

2) the more annoying of the two is that for some reason my THQX2 does not get recognized by windows (or Device Config) when I reboot...I have to unplug and replug into USB every single time. None of my other VKB hardware does this (also have MCG-U and T-Rudders). It is plugged into the back of PC too, not a hub, and I have moved it to other ports. Same issue. Any suggestions?

Loving the kit otherwise...been waiting a LONG TIME for this gear and it's been worth the wait for sure!

fallout9

Re: Two issues with new kit - please advise

Postby fallout9 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 23:27

For the first issue please fill up a service ticket and attach a video.
Second thing, plug the THQs into the STECS (make sure neither of them have a GNX HID Controller installed), then plug to USB, run VKBDevCfg, select the STECS, click the Default button under the Tools tab, click Yes when asked to configure, then recalibrate.

ginoc1

Postby ginoc1 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 23:51

@fallout9 thank you for the quick reply. I didn't realize I could/should plug in the THQs directly into the STECS so I will remove the GNX HID controller and return the default controller...

I'll submit a ticket with a video tomorrow on the toggle switch. Thanks again!

ginoc1

Postby ginoc1 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 19:12

@fallout9 Update - connected THQX2 to STECS per your instructions and everything is working...had to give up 2 axes on the THQs (will use 2 as levers as rocker switches) along with the analog wheel axis on the STECS but I can work with that. At least I can have 2 props and 2 mixtures on the THQs for the twin engine props and Gen Aviation stuff. Thanks again for the assist.

Return to “Technical Support”