Firmware issue with MCGU twist and rudder pedals

Moderator: AdminGroup

sweatsuit

Firmware issue with MCGU twist and rudder pedals

Postby sweatsuit » Wed Oct 18, 2023 18:07

I purchased the STECS, gunfighter mk IV with MCG-ultimate with twist, and MkV rudders.

I was told I would have to flash the Gunfighter to the non twist version in order to free an axis for my rudders. I was attempting to do this with my rudders and MCGU attached to the same black box (should be mk3) and it flashed my pedals as MCGU with twist and left my MCGU as is. I then disconnected my MCGU and plugged in my rudders to the separate black box and it displays the rudders as MCGU with twist. I cannot find the firmware to flash it back to being recognized as rudder pedals.

Attached is a screen shot of the DevConfig with only my rudders (and stecs) plugged in but it is recognized as a MCGU with twist. The second screenshot is the file I am attempting to flash with for the mk3 BB.

I would really like to be able to run my MCGU and rudders on one black box but more so I would just like it to work either way.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-18 094844.png
Screenshot 2023-10-18 095816.png

Ron61

Re: Firmware issue with MCGU twist and rudder pedals

Postby Ron61 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 21:17

Show the Global-External tab, there you can disable the twist and leave only the pedals.

sweatsuit

Postby sweatsuit » Wed Oct 18, 2023 22:08

I will give that a try and see if that resolves the issue, that should allow it to be run off of one black box then, correct?

I was able to flash the rudders back to being recognized, had to do it through the set-up procedure using only the box and not on the software.

I do have one other issue that I figure is just a box I have to check within the software but the pedals are inverted, meaning when I push the right the left pedal engages. Going to mess with the DevConfig some more to see if I can resolve this as well.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 20:33

Try, with the pedals connected to the BB GF, reset to default and then perform auto-configuration. It is advisable to attach the profile file after this. Well, attach screenshots of the Global-External tab. The twist axis should be on the second VC, and on the 7th axis of the pedal. If necessary, invert the pedal axle and recalibrate.

Return to “Technical Support”