Z-Axis not working on Gunfighter IV ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended

Moderator: AdminGroup

ZipperKonig

Z-Axis not working on Gunfighter IV ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended

Postby ZipperKonig » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:23

Just got my Gunfighter IV ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended and the Z axis wont work no matter what I do, I've tried without the extension with it, restarted reinstalled nothing is working.

The stick is also coming up in ZBootloader and Device Congfig as VKBSim Space Gunfighter XT2 V2.151 as seen in pictures.

Just wondering if there is anything I can try?

1.png

2.png

fallout9

Re: Z-Axis not working on Gunfighter IV ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended

Postby fallout9 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:02

Let's update the Black Box first; follow this link to flash it, but instead of the firmware indicated in there use the file labeled _BlackBox_Mk3_Unified_v2_16_5.vkb, which you'll find in the firmware package, under the Gunfighter folder.
After flashing it, click the Default button under the Tools tab, then click Yes when the popup asking to configure the device shows up.
Follow then with the calibration process, as shown here.

ZipperKonig

Re: Z-Axis not working on Gunfighter IV ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended

Postby ZipperKonig » Sun Oct 15, 2023 19:22

I actually got it to work somehow, I still have no idea how but its working. However now the only problem is that the brake lever refuses to work. It works when I calibrate the stick but as soon as the calibration is over it refuses to register as an axis or anything.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 22:44

Even if it's working it doesn't mean it's properly working unless you follow the steps above.
Please try it and let's see afterwards about additional issues.

Return to “Technical Support”