Joystick not recognized anymore/Communication Error

Moderator: AdminGroup

ALIEN

Joystick not recognized anymore/Communication Error

Postby ALIEN » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:02

I recently got a "Gunfighter Mk. IV MCG Ultimate" with the BlackBox Mk3. Initially after setup everything worked fine (all axes and all buttons worked).
Today suddenly the buttons and twist axes stopped working (only the X and Y axis work now) and the LED lights on the stick arent on anymore.
In the VKB Device Config program its displayed as "VKBSim Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro XT2 v2.165" and in the "Test" tab it displays "Communication Error Level 100%" for the Joystick Grip.
The LEDs on the Blackbox changed their colour: The one on top of the red button is now changing betwenn blue and red, the 1st on the right side is yellow and the 2nd on the right side is green.

I already tried disassembling and assembling the joystick grip with the base multiple times but it didnt help. In fact it got worse because now I can hear a "spring noise" when using the twist axis which wasnt audible before the problems started. Furthermore I also tried resetting the black box using the YouTube guide provided by VKB. This also didnt work out.

The problem started without me doing anything. I was just in game (MSFS) and then it suddenly started, I didnt try to hotswap, plug in/out, update the OS,...

Any help would be really appreciated.

fallout9

Re: Joystick not recognized anymore/Communication Error

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:24

First of all unplug from USB, then release the fastener, reseat the grip on the base (make sure it's all the way in), tighten the fastener really good so the grip won't get disconnected and plug back to USB. Run VKBDevCfg, select the device at the top, click Default button. After it restarts click Yes for the next popup. After another restart you'll have to recalibrate and this should be it.

Return to “Technical Support”