Best cam selection for prop driven olanes.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Eddie

Best cam selection for prop driven olanes.

Postby Eddie » Wed Sep 27, 2023 22:11

My preferred combat flight sim is IL 2 Great Battles. Having the new MK IV with the stock cams, what cams are recommend for prop driven planes? What sre the stock cams that are pre installed on the MK IV? WW 2 aircraft are so different than modern jets etc.I would like to know what other combat simmers are doing with their cams, springs, cluutch settings etc. My present setup and configuration just doesn't feel quite right when making quick maneuvers. It's also difficult to keep my plane from wandering when I attempt attacks on aircraft and ground targets. My older unit, the MK 3 let me line up behind enemy. aircraft and ground targets smoothly and without my plane being difficult to control in a sraight line when attacking enemy. . Are the default installed cams the ones to go with? Are there other adjusments I should be doing to clutch and springs? Right now I have 4 50A springs installed and clutches loosened to about half way. This new MK IV cost me just under $600.00cdn and I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of this new unit. Please respond if you can.... I really do appreciate any help I can get take care Eddie.

fallout9

Re: Best cam selection for prop driven olanes.

Postby fallout9 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:55

Are you sure you're properly calibrated? Post a screenshot of Profile/Axes/Logical and Physical Axes if not sure.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Fri Sep 29, 2023 20:31

Hi fallout9. I have my MK IV properly calibrated. The issues I described are not applicable to all aircraft. I just want to know what cams are installed at your factory, and how they affect prop driven combat aircraft. I was hoping someone here has IL 2 and either the Gunfighter MK 3 or MK IV and what cams, springs, clutch tendion etc.they have installed and configured for IL 2. I ask here rather than the IL 2 forum because the MK IV is too new. I thought that if any flight simmers have the new MK IV, I would find them here. If I'm out of line by posting this topic here, please let me know. Thanks again my friend take care....Eddie.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:12

Your post is perfectly fine, it's just that this forum is used only for technical issues; not much of a community to discuss and advise. Try our Discord server, more like it that you'll get some opinions over there.

Return to “Technical Support”