Problem with STECS detents

Moderator: AdminGroup

tsthompson

Problem with STECS detents

Postby tsthompson » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:56

I'm trying to set up a detent to activate WEP mode for WW2 era planes such as the P-51 in DCS. The desired setup is similar to an afterburner setup in jets, except I want the throttle to output 100% before I push past the detent. The actual WEP mode is triggered by a button press when the throttle is at 100%.

To accomplish this, I set up an L(A) detent near the 100% end of the detent frame and calibrated it. I then set the Curve % to 100% so that the throttle will be at 100% when I reach the detent, and stay at 100% as I push through it and beyond. Then I set up a > (greater than) event to trigger a button when I pass the detent. The button will be bound to the WEP function in DCS.

When I move the throttle from full back to the detent the "red" lines on the detent configuration box that show logical output do indeed move from zero to 100 as expected. However as soon as I reach the detent they drop back to the "raw" location, ignoring the curve scaling. See picture below that shows the red lines matching the black arrows at the lower edge of the detent, when the red should be at 100% here. The red line jumps back to 100% as soon as I push past the detent.

This problem only occurs if I set the curve to 100%. If I set it slightly lower (at 98%, for example), everything works as expected. This makes me suspect that the problem is caused by an edge-case programming bug in the firmware.

I also tried this with a W detent. The problem still occurs, except that the red line jumps from 100% to the center of the detent range when I reach the lower edge.

Screenshot 2023-09-27 002945.png

fallout9

Re: Problem with STECS detents

Postby fallout9 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:16

Looks like a bug, thank you for reporting about it.

Return to “Technical Support”