Gladiator NXT EVO L & R + SEM = No sliders/throttle wheel at Joysticks [Solved]

Moderator: AdminGroup

Native

Gladiator NXT EVO L & R + SEM = No sliders/throttle wheel at Joysticks [Solved]

Postby Native » Sun Sep 24, 2023 19:23

Hello,
I have a Gladiator NXT EVO OmniThrottle Premium Left and a Gladiator NXT EVO Premium Right. Both worked perfectly.
After i got my new SEM-Modul and connecting it to the left side of my right joystick, I set it up and everything seems normal at first glance. However, during calibration, I noticed that the slider/throttle wheel doesn't respond on both joysticks. I've gone through several videos and guides. I also checked the box for the sliders axes and pressed "Set" and recalibrated... nothing makes the sliders work again. Oh yes... before setting up the SEM module, I downloaded the latest software and firmware and used them afterwards. So... where did I go wrong?

Update 1: After installing a very old firmware (v2.12.2), which I fortunately still had on the SSD, it worked again. But that is a very old version. Now I need some of the last versions before v2.16.5 came out, because that way I can downgrade to one of them and hope it works for me. Where can I get them? Or just a new v2.16.6 where the problem has been fixed.
Update 2: Now it's getting complicated, after I got the page with all the firmwares, I tried different ones and only my old one works. So it can't be the firmware?!
Update 3: My problem got finally solved. Thanks to Delta, who gave me finally the solution for my problem!
Delta wrote:This reminds me of a bug seen by a small number of Discord users who had very early models of EVO (before the rubber rings were added to the damper screws). Somehow, the mini throttle would not work on even modstly recent firmware versions, and it depended on the variant, too. I think they were able to get it to work by either flashing a relatively old firmware (like 2.12.2) or a different variant (e.g. KMZ41 - note that axes may have to be inverted after every default).

Oh, another question on the side:
I changed the SEM module for flaps and landing gear to have 2 positions. How can I tell my SEM module that it only has 2 positions and not 3?
For the game Star Citizen, 2 positions are better suited than 3, because this way I can use the flaps for extending and retracting the wings and the landing gear for deploying and retracting. :D
Edit: The secondary problem got already solved. thanks for it
fallout9 wrote:Check the guide; skip the subaddress part and get directly to setting up Flaps and LG.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Last edited by Native on Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:00, edited 10 times in total.
Greetings from Germany

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO L & R + SEM = No sliders at Joysticks

Postby fallout9 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 20:42

Check the guide; skip the subaddress part and get directly to setting up Flaps and LG.

Native

Postby Native » Sun Sep 24, 2023 21:01

Thank you very much, so one of my problems got solved.
Now I need only a solution for my primary problem with the Slider :oops:
Greetings from Germany

Native

Postby Native » Sun Sep 24, 2023 21:07

I have even tried to activate this two boxes, pressed on Set, tried calibration and so on. But the slider stays still inactive
Greetings from Germany

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Sun Sep 24, 2023 21:20

SCG NXT/EVOs do not use axes 7 and 8.
They can be set up to be used, but there are no other physical axes on the SCG EVO to manipulate axes 7 and 8.

Native

Postby Native » Sun Sep 24, 2023 22:03

Then how can I use the Slider again? It worked before too. So is one of the axes before wrong?
Is it because of the firmware? The combination with the SEM module? Or did I made somewhere a mistake?
Greetings from Germany

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Sun Sep 24, 2023 22:58

You may have enabled one of the SEM Levers as an axis at one point.
That can be done Maybe I misread the other comments. I thought you were trying to change the detent count on the SEM levers.

Edit:
You can see how the lever is turned into an axis in the two timestampted videos.
First one is SEM second one is SEM-V.
https://youtu.be/moj2FOYNNe0?si=eQDixXIhHppJzkIC&t=288

https://youtu.be/lZQXwQl_IHA?si=QqJUrTSmsW2B_SOA&t=264

Just before the timestamp both videos cover removing the detent block.

Native

Postby Native » Sun Sep 24, 2023 23:42

My problem is only, both sliders/throttles from both joysticks doesn't work anymore.
when i go to the test, then the two axis from the SEM reacts as Buttons. That's how I want it...
I didn't have setup the "Switch Gear" and "Switch Flaps" as virtual axis and I have checked it right now to be sure :D
Greetings from Germany

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Mon Sep 25, 2023 0:15

Not sure what you did before or if it was not fully defaulted prior, but neither EVO will utilize the Slider or Dial axes #7 and #8 by default.

24-PM-01-17-28.png

Native

Postby Native » Mon Sep 25, 2023 0:45

DeadWalking wrote:Not sure what you did before or if it was not fully defaulted prior, but neither EVO will utilize the Slider or Dial axes #7 and #8 by default.

Didn't you read, what I have written above the screenshot? :wink:
Native wrote:I have even tried to activate this two boxes, pressed on Set, tried calibration and so on. But the slider stays still inactive

it was just a try... :cry:

All I need is some information on how to make the joystick sliders work
Greetings from Germany

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:21

Yes I read what you wrote did you read what I wrote?
LOL
You can make them work but they are not setup to work off any axis on the EVO SCG at all by default.

I have no idea how you set them up before.
If you give an example of how you want to manipulate them I could possibly help you get them working.
But just enabling them and making them visible will not make them work.
You do not have a spare axis on the EVO SCG to make them work. You could copy another axis over to them and it duplicates an axis.

Do you want them to be moved via button presses or via encoder wheel?

Edit:
Or you can make the levers on the SEM move those 2 axes. But you probably don't want to do that since you just set up the detents.

Native

Postby Native » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:32

Okay, then I'll explain it differently.
Before I connected the SEM module and updated the firmware, I could use the slider/throttle on both joysticks.
I could use it for the game Star Citizen as a slider to set the strength for the mining laser. Now the game doesn't even recognise it.

So my question is: What is the problem? How do I fix it? Don't tell me it never worked, when it worked for me without doing anything.
At that time, everything was recognised by default and now it doesn't work anymore. So no, I hadn't set anything special. It worked and now it doesn't.
Greetings from Germany

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:39

If you are talking about the Paddle Throttle on the base it is the Z Axis.

It is axis #4 in the list of axes.

As far as the settings I see in your image above those should be enabled and working.

Have you calibrated those axes when doing a calibration?

Native

Postby Native » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:59

yes, calibrated... set... and still doesn't work.
from the beginning I said it already. the sliders on both joysticks doesn't work anymore. Even in the title I have written "No sliders at joysticks" :(
Don't get me wrong, I am just repeating here what I had said already in my first posting here.
So please... read it completly again instead of asking me about stuff, when all the answers are already in my first post.

Oh, please don't get me wrong.... I hope I don't sound offensive. I'm just very disappointed that it just doesn't work anymore and can't find a solution for it. So whenever I see a reply, I hope for a solution and not more questions that are already answered in my first post. :(

I have watched this video right now:
https://youtu.be/NTZNUT8wmOA?si=5YRPT1Gi_3Ds7pIK&t=221
At minute 3:42 you can see how the z Axis works perfectly in the test. For me it doesn't work in the test and not in the game anymore. Even the calibration doesn't help. That's my problem and I need a solution for this.
Greetings from Germany

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:23

It is not a slider.
You specifically highlighted axis 7 and used the term slider over and over again.

And you wonder why you got more questions. LOL

Return to “Technical Support”