Problem after firmware update

Moderator: AdminGroup

scazchumley

Problem after firmware update

Postby scazchumley » Thu Sep 21, 2023 21:05

I've got a mirrored set of VKB Gladiator NXT's (not the EVOs) and upgraded the firmware today to 2.165 on both of them ("_Gladiator_NXT_v2_16_5.vkb" since I don't have the OTA version). I also upgraded to the latest VKBConfig app.

The right stick is working fine, but the left stick is misbehaving now.

In the VKB Device Config App, the top panel shows the right stick as:

VKBSim Gladiator NXT R XT2 v2.165

but the left stick shows up as:

VKBSim Gladiator NXT XT2 v2.165

(Note the missing "L" that was there prior to the firmware update.)

Also in the VKB Device Config App, I can poll the buttons on the Action > Profile, Physical layer tab just fine, but cannot poll on the Action > Test tab at all. The right stick polls fine in both.

If I go into the "Game Controllers" applet in the Windows Control Panel, I can test both sticks, however they both show up as "VKB-Sim Gladiator NXT R" instead of the left one coming up as "VKB-Sim Gladiator NXT L" (though the lower of the 2 on the list lets me test the left stick).

In Star Citizen, I'm able to bind stuff to the buttons and axis on both sticks just fine.

In Voice Attack, I can bind the right stick but not the left (it just acts like I didn't press any buttons).

I've tried flashing the firmware again on the 2nd stick, but that didn't solve it. I've also rebooted.

Here is the config:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ji3yNu ... sp=sharing

Any ideas?

If there is any other information that I can provide, please let me know.

fallout9

Re: Problem after firmware update

Postby fallout9 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 0:07

Please follow all steps from the timestamp in the guide.

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Fri Sep 22, 2023 0:21

I am not 100% sure this is what you are seeing, but you might try checking the Device on Global >> External >> External Devices for the Left stick.
PM-02-39-35-VKBDevCfg-C.png

If it is showing SCG and not SCG-L then change it and hit 'Set'
Something is not picking up the grip with updating firmware on a non-defaulted Left setup for NXT/EVOs coming from some previous versions of a firmware.

scazchumley

Postby scazchumley » Fri Sep 22, 2023 15:32

I appreciate the response, but it was showing the correct device. Good guess though. That does make sense.

The issue must have been related to me loading a saved profile from an older firmware (see reply to Fallout9 above).

scazchumley

Postby scazchumley » Fri Sep 22, 2023 15:35

fallout9 wrote:Please follow all steps from the timestamp in the guide.

Restoring to defaults and completely reconfiguring the stick solved the issue. Thanks!

I suspect it was an issue with me loading a profile that was created on a previous firmware. Thankfully, the right stick didn't have this issue and I was able to just duplicate the settings I had on the right stick to the left stick (lots of grabbing screenshots of the right one and updating the left one from that). Thankfully, I'd originally had both set up identically.

Thanks for your help!

Return to “Technical Support”