Multi color power cable in MK IV base.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Eddie

Multi color power cable in MK IV base.

Postby Eddie » Fri Sep 15, 2023 21:29

I wanted to change springs, and when I tried to reconnect that flimsy cable to the base, I broke it. I think I yanked it out to hard as a couple of those tiny pins were pulled out. I have the Gunfighter MK 3 base etc. Can I use the cable from that base? I couldn't find it for sale iin the accessories page. What to do? fallout9? Anyone? Please help guys. Is there a replacement cable available at VKB? Thanks all take care Eddie

DeadWalking

Re: Multi color power cable in MK IV base.

Postby DeadWalking » Fri Sep 15, 2023 21:43

If the wire and female pins came out of the connector you should be able to put them back in.
However, they may need a little tweaking if the clips are severely bent from being pulled.

Could possibly use the GF III cable I am not sure of the pin count and connector on the GF III though.

Support ticket with your vendor will be able to get you sorted on a new cable. Provide an image of the cable condition and connector locations.

Edit: an image of the cable and connector/pcb side also would help to determine if you can do self repair easily.
I got to wondering if the base of the connector might have slid off the male pins with the wire.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:40

Thanks for responding DeadWalking. I might have gotten lucky. I have a buddy that's a Jeweller, and he says he can reconnect pins etc. no problem. He took a quick look at the MK 3 base and he thinks the cable is swappable. He "Thinks" it will work if needed. I have no intention of swapping anything without checking here first. Thank again take care Eddie

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Sat Sep 16, 2023 20:28

Hi DeadWaliking. The "shell" portion of the MK 3 base that has the multi color cable connecting to the "shell" or outer frame of the base looks exactly like the MK IV cable connections. Can I put the spring, cam etc unit into the MK 3 base frame? Know what I mean? Please let me know DeadWaliking.,as this would be great for backup parts etc. and maybe save me a bit of money down the road. Thanks for your advice my friend...take care...Eddie.

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Sat Sep 16, 2023 20:56

If I understand correctly.
The springs and cams can be used in the GF III.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Sat Sep 16, 2023 23:47

I am talking about the outer part of the MK 3 base where the multi colored cable connects to a tiny processer type board with the other end of the cable being the one I had issue with. It's the part of the base that is set aside when changing a cam etc. I want to set my MK IV part of the base that has the springs cams etc. into the MK 3 part of the base where the colored cable is attached to the outer ring of the base. The cables look the same in the MK IV and the MK 3. The only piece of hardware I see as being different is the black box. I'm hoping everything else is swappable. I have 2 sets of the MK 3 Pro L and I sure would be hapy if I knew I had a good source for parts in the event I break something. Everyone here knows that sooner than lateer, I WILL break something.lol. Thanks again good friend take care DeadWalking ... Eddie.

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:54

I believe the PCB that is mounted on the housing is different.
However, I also believe the mounting pattern for the GF IV PCB is the same.
If for some reason you needed to do that.

I would just use the cable from the GF II int he GF IV if they are the same.

Edit:
Is it possible? yes I believe so.
Should you do it? last resort needing a new housing maybe.

I don't know why you would want to do it unless you damaged your GF IV base housing or stripped the screws.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:29

You are right DeadWalking. The only reason IS because of potential issues. Like I said, I have 2 sets of the MK 3 and I just feel better knowing I have some parts readily available. No matter well the MK IOV is built, all the cams etc. etc. wear down over time and also depending on how much time I spend flying. I'm retired and I do enjoy LOTS of time flying. Thank you once again ...take care....Eddie.

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:54

Most of it should all be interchangeable, outside of combining electronics.
Should you need something as a replacement, or doing some Frankensteining.

With differences between the gimbal frames.
Mounting options should be the same though.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Sun Sep 17, 2023 20:19

It's like you're reading my mnd DeadWalking. I DO plan on some kind of a "Frankenstein"build. I'm thinking maybe add a couple of magnets to increase the feel of heft and weight of the aircraft when in combat. I don't know where to start though, so any ideas or tips I can get from Gunfighter owners is what I really need. Can I get that info here? Where is the proper topic to post my Frankenstein project and requested help? Thanks to all responding. Any help with this is SUPER appreciated take care.....Eddie.

Return to “Technical Support”