Cannot update Tiny Box

Moderator: AdminGroup

1tominator

Cannot update Tiny Box

Postby 1tominator » Sun Sep 10, 2023 0:42

Hello,

I have an older set of T-Rudder MK III pedals with the "TinyBox" controller. When I try to connect to the controller with the configurator it get the error that my firmware (v1.67F) is too old and needs to be updated. However, when I try to update the firmware through the Z-Bootloader I get an error:

LongTransferRead failed
Read CPUID FAILED - STOP

I have tried this on 2 computers using windows 10 and 11 and with various cables that I have but I get the same error. Oddly VKB_JoyTester does see it and read everything correctly - but as for updating the firmware to the latest it looks like I am stuck at a standstill.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-09 143929.png
Screenshot 2023-09-09 143749.png

Victorus

Re: Cannot update Tiny Box

Postby Victorus » Sun Sep 10, 2023 21:22

Try up-to-date zbootloader. https://sites.google.com/view/njoy-32/home 2.01
I've found TinyBox with 2.xx FW. Not found your version. Downgraded FW to 1.962. Then upgraded to 2.165.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

1tominator

Re: Cannot update Tiny Box

Postby 1tominator » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:06

Thank you for the reply Victorus. I tried to use zbootloader 2.01 but it still did not work. I guessed that maybe it was so old firmware that I needed to try an old software version.

I finally found a combination that would work zbootloader v 1.13 still gave me read/write errors, but if I executed it through VKBDevCfg-C_v0.91.60 than I was able to flash the updated firmware.

After the flash it is recognized by the latest configurator and Zboot 2.01 without errors. I'm guessing on top of being old there may have been some error or corruption in the previous firmware on the controller that was making things difficult. Whatever the case it is working great now, the axis is reading correctly and I am able to calibrate.

Thank you for your help and I'm glad you keep a repository of older programs and firmwares for situations like this.

Return to “Technical Support”