T-Rudder Pedals Assembly Help

Moderator: AdminGroup

Captain Casual

T-Rudder Pedals Assembly Help

Postby Captain Casual » Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:26

Hello all,
I was just gifted a set of VKB T-Rudder MKIV pedals (used) and I need some help reassembling them please.
I think I worked out the nuts, washers, and spacers that attach the push-pull tubes but am not sure about that. Can someone give me the order of the nut - spacer -lock washer - pp tube? Starting from the bottom.

I did have a couple of pieces left over and I don't know what they are used for or where to put them. See the attached photo of the mystery pieces.

Lastly, when I attached everything and connected the cables to my PC everything seemed to work in MSFS2020. The sim recognized the pedals and once I mapped them to the yaw axis (both helo & FW) everything appears to work OK.

It can't be this easy can it? Do I need to do a software update or calibration etc?
Where are the instructions for that? The documentation provided or online is not very helpful but maybe it's just my 77 year-old brain! Any suggestions?

Thank you
Captain Casual
Former UH-1 pilot many moons ago.

fallout9

Re: T-Rudder Pedals Assembly Help

Postby fallout9 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:40

Hi Cap, check this video guide https://youtu.be/4XyRHZKqsMc, it shows how to take apart and put back the rudders. If it's still not clear, please take and post some pics with the extra parts and we'll figure it out.

About software - if they work well in game I would suggest to leave them. But if they drift or getting any issues with them do this:
- download the native software VKBDevCfg https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0551/ ... 693189948;
- run it as Admin, select the device at the top, then press the Default button under the Tools tab;
- click the Start Calibr Button, press on the rudders left and right and few times, slowly, then click the End Calibr button and that's it.
Let us know please if something not working as described.

Return to “Technical Support”