Gladiator EVO Pro Config & X-Axis Issues

Moderator: AdminGroup

Jettero

Gladiator EVO Pro Config & X-Axis Issues

Postby Jettero » Sat Sep 02, 2023 0:24

I have only one VKB device hooked up, VKBsim Gladiator EVO L XT2 v2.160, obviously flashed to the latest firmware (2.160) at the time of this writing. I have 2 major issues:

1) When using "Auto-Config" after flashing to the latest version, it changes my left-handed stick to a right-handed stick. I had to select NO when asking to configure my stick, then calibrate it and save it. While this SEEMS to be working, it is a little unnerving to say the least as I'm no expert at configuring these!

2) The X-axis is fluttering badly and was doing so BEFORE the firmware update (it's the reason I checked for a firmware update.) I've removed the bottom plate, blown off the contacts (as far as I'm aware…again, no expert here) and the X-axis is still fluttering. I've attached a screenshot of the Joy Tester showing the X axis. The rest of the axes seem fine.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I do not have any other joystick to use in the interim and this is unusable as it is.

Thanks,
Jett
Attachments
Scr230901155915.jpg

Ron61

Re: Gladiator EVO Pro Config & X-Axis Issues

Postby Ron61 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:41

Show tabs Global-External, Profile-Axes from the configurator. By chance, there is no WI-FI router next to the table on which the joystick is located?

DeadWalking

Re: Gladiator EVO Pro Config & X-Axis Issues

Postby DeadWalking » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:52

Yeah, that looks like EM Interference on the X axis.
Wifi or other nearby sources of EM could be causing the X axis jitter as Ron mentioned.

For the 2.16 firmware and changing the Left stick to a Right.
It has come up a couple of times on the 2.16.0 firmware

After clicking Yes to Configure on Global >> External >> External Devices page.
Just change the SCG to SCG-L and hit 'Set'
PM-05-57-01-VKBDevCfg-C.png

Just a workaround for now, or you can go back to a previous firmware.

Return to “Technical Support”