X-axis not working

Moderator: AdminGroup

Drathanos

X-axis not working

Postby Drathanos » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:33

I have a MCG Pro with the twist attachment on a first gen gunfighter base. I haven't used it in a long while and decided to power it up to use, but found that the X axis was stuck to the far right. It was working fine the last time I used it. I tried to recalibrate, but the X axis wouldn't respond properly. Recalibration only reset it back to the center position. All the other axes (Y, Z, Rot X, Rot Y, sliders) and buttons were and still are working fine.
If I pull the stick to the left, it will wildly jump back and forth between 0 and 32767 and pulling it to the right does nothing.
The stick light on the black box is blinking though. I've tried to detach and reseat the stick, but that didn't do anything.

Since the X axis is controlled by the gunfighter base, is there something wrong with my gunfighter? I'm not really sure how to resolve this and could use some help.

DeadWalking

Re: X-axis not working

Postby DeadWalking » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:13

I would probably default along side a calibration to make sure it isn't something on the profile. Just to be sure.

The stick flashing on the BB, what color is it? Is it flashing with another LED?

I would probably do some inspecting of the base wiring, sensor, and magnet for the X axis.
Check for any debris stuck to the magnet or around the sensor.
If the sensor is not flush with the PCB you might want to check between the PCB and the sensor.

Drathanos

Postby Drathanos » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:44

Okay, I tried the default button and then recalibrating. The "Stick" LED was flashing red before. It's now a steady green after hitting default. Unfortunately, the X axis is still not working properly.
It's all glitchy when I pull to the left, as described before, and not much else when I pull to the right. :(

I'll try disassembling later and see if I can see anything wrong inside.

Thanks!

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:17

Please show screenshots of axes tabs - physical and logical. What SW&FW versions do you use?
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Drathanos

Postby Drathanos » Sat Sep 02, 2023 0:11

I took it apart a bit ago and found that the spring that controls the tension on one of the dry clutches had come off somehow. There was also a bunch of what looked like silicone debris at the bottom of the base which I think came from the boot that covers the base of the stick.
I put the spring and nut back on, but didn't see anything else wrong with it. So I put it all back together and powered it on to find that the X-axis is working now. :D

Return to “Technical Support”