trud.zip
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

t-link 0/75, vkbcfg 0.92.89, fw 2.164
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Pomax

Re: BlackBox suddenly stopped working?

Postby Pomax » Tue Sep 05, 2023 17:48

I don't understand: why would there suddenly be overlap with the SEM when things worked fine before flashing the firmware? (After all, they're on different USB connections, they shouldn't be sharing any axes at all...?)

Victorus: I loaded that profile into VKBDevCfg for the t-rudders, which now shows this when I run the test -> misc -> green "play" button test:

And this for the profile -> axes -> logical axes

(Unfortunately, external devices still shows a big red X for the blackbox, and T-link still doesn't switch to differential braking when using either the brake "test" button or the controller button bound to braking)

Pomax

Postby Pomax » Tue Sep 05, 2023 17:56

Ron: where would the download link for zLink2 be? (That appears to be a post with images explaining how to set it up, but I don't see see a link to the program itself?)

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Tue Sep 05, 2023 19:41

Victorus wrote:Here https://mega.nz/file/VBN2wIZR#UXXWFXe4Ch-YQvIac6yYpreIoCV0SP0Qo_PXxzWWw9s you can read about Zlink. Extended version of TLink.
Here [url]alex-oz.strana.de[/url] you can find up-to date FW&SW

SW means zlink2 too.
My profile works. https://disk.yandex.ru/i/TfDOT4m1IoaU_Q

Pomax

Postby Pomax » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:32

Your profile works might work *for you*, but it's not working for me: https://i.imgur.com/M1LFdf7.mp4

When I click and hold the brake test button and manipulate the rudders, it's still running rudders instead of brakes. In your clip, the brakes light up red and the "pressure bars" switch to 50% each. As you can see, that doesn't happen for me after flashing the firmware.

It used it do exactly what you're showing, and now it no longer does that.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:48

I don’t understand what prevents you from returning to the software version, where everything worked as you wanted? :shock:

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:54

Рон, "...а поговорить...)))

Pomax

Postby Pomax » Wed Sep 06, 2023 18:21

>I don’t understand what prevents you from returning to the software version, where everything worked as you wanted? :shock:

I did.

That also no longer works.

Something in this blackbox broke so hard that it no longer works no matter what firmware it's on anymore, which is why I'm hoping to get VKB's help *fixing this blackbox* or, if it can't be fixed, get it replaced. The kind of professional support that helps debug the problem and then determines whether or not the product is faulty or not, by the people who make it. As I've been told to do after emailing support. I'm just a 50 year old guy who spent $1000 on a VKB setup that's been amazing for a year, and suddenly a $200 part seems to have broken, and I'm asking the people I bought it from for help. Instead I seem to be getting "it works for me, why are you talking so much?". Which is not a great way to be treated when something expensive breaks and you ask for help.

- The device broke after trying to upgrade the firmware and it took a while to even get it back to a seemingly working state
- Despite the rudders themselves working again, differential breaking in T-link no longer works,
- Downgrading to 2.14 does not fix this problem.

Video of the behaviour on 2.14: https://i.imgur.com/6LiByzZ.mp4

I'll be happy to try older firmware versions and report whether those fix the problem or not, if there are links to those anywhere (Google does not seem to be much help, all it finds is the current downloads page, which only has the latest v2.16, and forum posts that discuss bugs in older firmware, with gdrive links that no longer exist)
Last edited by Pomax on Wed Sep 06, 2023 20:02, edited 7 times in total.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Wed Sep 06, 2023 22:57

This is not FW, but SW problem. Your pedals work. For your pleasure. After I have used Tlink to solve your problem, no one version of Zlink2 works. I deleted all vkb devices (usbdeview), tried all versions from 2019. I do not know what to do.
alex-oz.strana.de This link I already gave. Archive (firmware in MS onedrive or Megacloud) section contains a lot of fw versions.
Red cross on external tab (test) means nothing. I saw it too but my profile works. Open buttons - physical tab, cheсk poll, press Test in TLink dialog and see if button #121 registers. Whith TrimAuto function. Show screenshot of this tab and Axes - physical and logical.
PS
Last year When I'm 64 of Sir Paul McCartney was about me.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 23:23

Open the T-Link.ini file (located in the T-Link folder) and show a screenshot of it.
The only year when the number in the nickname, year of birth and age are the same :) .

Pomax

Postby Pomax » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:29

T-Link.ini:

Pomax

Postby Pomax » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:17

Victorus: cheers, I've gone through the firmware archive, and it looks like it really *is* a firmware issue, somehow:

- flashed _BB_Mk2_TRudder_v2_11_8.vkb and after resetting the blackbox shows blue and green LEDs, and T-link braking works.
- flashed _BB_Mk2_TRudder_v2_12_9.vkb and after resetting the blackbox shows blue and green LEDs, and T-link braking works.
- flashed _BB_Mk2_TRudder_v2_13_D.vkb and after resetting the blackbox shows blue and green LEDs, and T-link braking works.
- flashed _BB_Mk2_TRudder_v2_14_A.vkb and after resetting the blackbox shows blue and green LEDs, but T-link braking no longer works.
- flashed back to _BB_Mk2_TRudder_v2_13_D.vkb and after resetting the blackbox shows blue and green LEDs, and T-link braking works again.

so some change in 2.14 and above breaks... something? =/

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Thu Sep 07, 2023 16:28

Alex_Oz knows. Too many work with TECS, I think.
Also - programming often is a magic.

Pomax

Postby Pomax » Thu Sep 07, 2023 18:48

having written an MSFS autopilot in JS... pretty much black magic, yeah.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 16:50

There is no working option for T-Link yet, I suggest trying this one.
The general concept is:
1. Using zLink2, connect the pedals to the GNX Evo and set up differential brakes on it (the GNX has a free 7th and 8th axis)
2.The twist axis will act as a brake lever (this is much more convenient than clicking a button)
3.We will make the pedals invisible to the system, but they will continue to work as part of the GNX Evo.
GNX+DiffBrake Trud.zip
(579.46 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

With pedals and EVO connected, launch zLink2 and select Slave and Master. Perhaps the Slave line will be empty - close zLink2 and open zlink2.ini, enter the values and name. Remember the address (1.31). It must be so.
zlink2.png

We configure the pedals to work with an external device and hide them.
1.png
2.png
3.png

We set up EVO, calibrate the new twist and pedal axes (3rd and 7th). The virtual brake lever on the twist will work when turned counterclockwise, this is regulated by the inversion checkbox.
4.png
5.png

Return to “Technical Support”