MK IV spring placement.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Eddie

MK IV spring placement.

Postby Eddie » Wed Aug 30, 2023 21:47

The set up with my new GF IV is going smoothly, but I need to know where to put springs. I have the 2oomm extension, so I want to us a 40a and 50a on each axis. Where is the best place to install the 50a. On the outside or nearer to the centre or middle. Same with 40a. What spot to put them in. I'm thinking 50a on the outer side and the 40a in the inner side. Does that sound about right? Thanks for amy and all advice...take care all Eddie.

Eddie

Re: MK IV spring placement.

Postby Eddie » Wed Aug 30, 2023 22:36

I guess a better way to ask the question is I am using 40 and 50 springs on each axis. Which one goes on first, the 40 or the 50. I know I can use two 50a springs on each axis, but I think I'm defeating the purpose as each one has a bit of difference in length. The inner spring placement looks shorter than the outer one. Am I right?" Should I just go with 50a springs on each axixs? Thanks again everyone take care Eddie.

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Thu Aug 31, 2023 0:43

You can put them on in either order.
I never put calipers on it, but I would be surprised to find that the location for the inner spring points are shorter than the location points on the outer spring.

All the #50 springs should be pretty much the exact same length.
If you are noticing a difference in length on your #50s then you might have mixed up one of the other springs with the #50s.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Thu Aug 31, 2023 20:03

I had 2 #50 springs on each axis on my MK 3 and had no problem. The MK IV has a different base and I wanted to use # 50 on the inner peg where the spring connects. Then I want to put a # 40 on the oute pegs. Is that the right way or should I reverse that and put the 40 to the inner pegs and the 50 on the outer pegs. Which is the proper way to attach the springs?

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:19

fallout9 please. I'm ready to go except for the spring numbers to use and where to connect to pegs. I want to us 4 springs that best work with the 200mm extension. I'm also using the WW 2 k12 grip [twist option] which is not very heavy. What number springs to use? 50a on each peg or 50a and 40 or 30. Also, where does the 50A spring go? In closest to centre or connect to outer pegs? Simply need to know what strength spring and what pegs to install them on. While I'm waiting for some advice fallout9,I will install 4 of the 50A springs. That won't hurt anything, but it may not be the ideal way to connect springs in this new model base. It's important for me to do this in a proper manner. A simle thing like springs can make a big difference in Combat flying. Thanks fallout Take care Eddie.

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:03

https://youtu.be/bMRMs42AnUo?si=XZUqPGvGJYYd6AtH&t=290

There is no one spring combo that you are meant to use.
You really will need to try some combos to decide what fits for you.

Duals #50 on both, One #50 and one #40 on both, Dual #40s, etc.
These are some suggestions for spring combos, whether or not you will like them I can not say. Only you can say.

As long as you install them according to the video there isn't much to mess up on installing them.
You can put the #50s on first or the #40s on first. It really doesn't matter the spring posts are spreading to the same range either way.

I feel like you are really overthinking it.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Fri Sep 01, 2023 15:31

You're probably right DeadWalking. I thought the changes in the new MK 4 would require different spring and clutch tension etc. Also, I paid a shit load of money for it, and wanted to make sure everything I did was proper. Thank you for your response and advice. I'm going to leave the 50a springs in and get to flying. Thanks again take care Eddie.

Return to “Technical Support”