How do I connect 2 NXT EVO joysticks and 2 GNX modules

Moderator: AdminGroup

brlowe

How do I connect 2 NXT EVO joysticks and 2 GNX modules

Postby brlowe » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:27

As the title says I have 2 NXT EVO premium joysticks and the left stick has the Omni adapter on it. I also have a GNX-THQ and GNX-SEM.
I want to mount all for units together and link them electrically inside and hopefully one have to use 1 USB cable.
Can this be done and how? Which unit would the USB cable connect to for the computer?

Currently the joysticks connect separately and the 2 GNX modules are linked and connect with 1 cable.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

DeadWalking

Re: How do I connect 2 NXT EVO joysticks and 2 GNX modules

Postby DeadWalking » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:19

You can physically connect them together as a single unit, but you will need to use both USB cables from the EVO Bases.

You can hook both the THQ and SEM to one EVO or hook the THQ to one EVO and the SEM to the other EVO.

Some vids that might help
https://youtu.be/hM6G_wvOCN4?si=hgu5-FyZ1uaG-9vI

https://youtu.be/dLeFBp3qw6M?si=neY26BT5npi0NdVn

https://youtu.be/LBhCx1jQ6mE?si=j40c9DK9GdzNZ_EI

brlowe

Postby brlowe » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:49

Ok so i removed the usb connection in the GNX units and installed the standard board there. I have the 2 GNX modules connected to the right joystick.
But I have a couple issues.
1 - the red and blue light on the base of the NXT are flashing back and forth randomly.
2- on the GNX-THQ I cannot get the third slider to show. I get all the joystick sliders and the 1st 2 throttle sliders but the 3rd one on the right does not show at all.
I thought the 8 axis limit was updated. Is there something I need to do to get 9 or more?

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:08

Depending on the speed of the flash it sounds like the right stick is in calibration mode and needs to have End Calibr pushed in VKBDevCFG.
However you will likely need to do another calibration either before End Claibr or starting a fresh one after End Calibr.

That is partly my bad. There is a limitation with how many axes a single device can have.
SCG Premium on EVO only has 2 spare axes available.

The third THQ axis is being put on Axis number 9 which would require a VC(Virtual Controller) setup in VKBDevCFG.

I didn't think about the axis count when I made my first comment on what you could do.

So either EVO that you pair the THQ to you will see the same thing you are seeing now.

To do it without needing a VC it would require the GNX HID controller and the 3rd cable.

Sorry about not thinking of that before.

brlowe

Postby brlowe » Thu Aug 24, 2023 15:35

Is there any issue with leaving them connected and having a VC for the one axis?

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Thu Aug 24, 2023 15:45

No issue.

Unless a game has a device limit.

Sometimes you might need a VC to get around 32 button limit some games have also.

Just shows up as another of the same device with the extra axes/buttons on it.
If you change Global >> Common >> #But to 32 then any Logical Out value over 32 will be moved over to the VC also.

brlowe

Postby brlowe » Thu Aug 24, 2023 17:44

Thank you for your help

Return to “Technical Support”