Gunfighter MIV not connecting

Moderator: AdminGroup

FalcoNg

Gunfighter MIV not connecting

Postby FalcoNg » Fri Aug 04, 2023 20:01

Hello,

Just received my MIV gunfighter with MCG-U w/twist and I am having some issues with connectivity.

After putting everything together I connected the USB cable from the BB to the PC and nothing was connecting.
I then disconnected the cable from the GF base to the BB and it showed up.
Upon reconnecting the GF base to the BB it disappeared again.
I figured it might be some sort of firmware issue so I downloaded the latest zBootloader, VKBDevCfg, and firmware v2_14_A.
Flashed it with _BB_Mk2_GunFighter_MCG_Ultimate_Twist_v2_14_A
After I flashed it nothing shows up as connected and there are no lights on the BB.

Not sure if it matters, but I was using a MkI gunfighter prior to disconnecting it and connecting the MKIV
the MKI still works fine but the MKIV does not show up.

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter MIV not connecting

Postby fallout9 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 20:27

if there are no lights on the bb when it's plugged in, then unplug it, press the button and plug it back while holding the button pressed
release the button after a few seconds, run zbootloader and flash the attached file (unzip it first)
after flashing run the button pressing sequence like here: https://youtu.be/D_mew9_B4GE?t=139
Attachments
v2_15_0.zip
(79.49 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

FalcoNg

Re: Gunfighter MIV not connecting

Postby FalcoNg » Fri Aug 04, 2023 21:45

So through some troubleshooting over discord, it seems like the issue was that the L extension perhaps wasn't seated fully. Upon removing the extension and mounting the MCGU directly to the base, everything worked. I remounted the extension and things are still working.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “Technical Support”