None of the buttons on the KG12 grip work for the "Gladiator NXT EVO ‘WWII Combat Edition’"

Moderator: AdminGroup

SpifffyBlocko

None of the buttons on the KG12 grip work for the "Gladiator NXT EVO ‘WWII Combat Edition’"

Postby SpifffyBlocko » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:41

I just had the Gladiator NXT EVO ‘WWII Combat Edition’ delivered today and after setting it up none of the buttons on the grip or the twist axis on the grip are picked up by the vkb device config or vkb button tester. All of the buttons on the base work and are picked up as well as the x and y axis for moving the stick around.

I took off the bottom metal plate to check if the connection was secure and there appeared to be nothing wrong with it as well as no apparent damage to any of the wires. I unplugged and plugged it back in to see if it would fix it but to no avail.

Immediately after assembling the controller, before I had realized none of my grip inputs worked, I had followed the online guide on installing the firmware and had flashed it with the _Gladiator_EVO_v2_14_A.vkb file and calibrated it with the device config. There was a red and blue light flashing on the base of the controller and as of now there is only the solid blue light.

Everything else besides my buttons on the grip + the twist axis seems to be in working order, hopefully the problem lies within some sort of software configuration as opposed to there being something physically wrong with the grip. Any feedback on what to do next to solve this issue is much appriciated.

fallout9

Re: None of the buttons on the KG12 grip work for the "Gladiator NXT EVO ‘WWII Combat Edition’"

Postby fallout9 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:47

Click the Default button under the Tools tab, then Yes for config popup. Any change?

fallout9

Re: None of the buttons on the KG12 grip work for the "Gladiator NXT EVO ‘WWII Combat Edition’"

Postby fallout9 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:27

Should also stay on the previous firmware, more stable for this combo. If it's still not working please flash the attached firmware file.
Attachments
_Gladiator_EVO_v2_12_2.zip
(81.11 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

Return to “Technical Support”