GNX THQ + SEM No Longer Recognized after latest Firmware update

Moderator: AdminGroup

Pierre_Poutine

GNX THQ + SEM No Longer Recognized after latest Firmware update

Postby Pierre_Poutine » Tue May 16, 2023 16:59

I have a GNX THQ + SEM modules and I tried updating my firmware to the latest. I was in the z bootloader and I loaded the "_GNX_USB_Controller_v2_14_A.vkb" flash file. As per suggestions, I removed the bottom plate and shorted the boot pins while unplugged from USB. While still shoritng the boot pins I plugged the device back in. I get a solid blue light, I can start the flash in zBootloader2.exe; however, I get different results each time. I have received CPU Error, Error data could not be erased, and what looks like success but then my module becomes unresponsive with no lights. This is using all the latest zBootloader and firmware from the VKB download section.

*I noticed a similar issue in the forum at this link: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7390&start=15

fallout9

Re: GNX THQ + SEM No Longer Recognized after latest Firmware update

Postby fallout9 » Tue May 16, 2023 19:22

Try under a mainboard USB port, no hubs. Disconnect other USB devices, update your USB drivers, kill background running software, especially programs like Aorus, Razer, MSI, Logitech, Corsair, any LED management, antivirus, run VKBDevCfg and zBootloader as Admin. If still doesn't work try another computer.

Pierre_Poutine

Postby Pierre_Poutine » Tue May 16, 2023 22:13

I just tried turning off background apps and removing hubs. I am able to refresh. I received a message after flashing my device to reset the controller to restart the controller. At this point, there are no led's on the device. I have tried this on another computer with the same results. It seems the latest firmware has some compatibility issues. Is there an older version of the firmware that I can try? I don't see an archive of older Firmware versions.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed May 17, 2023 2:54

Unzip and use this one please.
Attachments
_GNX_USB_Controller_v2_10_8.zip
(75.27 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Pierre_Poutine

Postby Pierre_Poutine » Wed May 17, 2023 3:49

That worked! Thanks for your help.

Return to “Technical Support”