adding second stick - LH Gladiator NXT EVO will not enter calibration mode

Moderator: AdminGroup

CMDR Retyu Ranger

adding second stick - LH Gladiator NXT EVO will not enter calibration mode

Postby CMDR Retyu Ranger » Mon Apr 24, 2023 20:22

Good Day!

I am adding a LH Gladiator NXT EVO to join my RH same stick and throttle - when I plugged in the 2nd stick, it will not enter calibration mode when I push the 3 buttons together (I know how to do it.. same on my other stick.).

Do I have to calibrate it separately.. as in unplug my other stick (and throttle?) in order for it to enter calibration?

Please share any tips / tricks or issues I might encounter with the second stick that might save me some headaches.. or point me to an article / post that already covers this.

I use the RH Gladiator NXT EVO stick and VPC MongoosT-50CM3 for Elite Dangerous.. and I want to add the LH stick for Odyssey walking around stuff.. Use RH stick for aim, and firing / interacting, and LH stick for walking, swapping out.. etc... I already am familiar with Joystick Gremiin and Vjoy because of the Mongoose throttle so i can add the button functionality no problem.

So.. Any idea on why it will not enter calibration?

I have NOT unplugged all the other stuff yet to calibrate, as if the stick is not recognized while the other 2 are plugged in I might have a different issue while playing Elite Dangerous..

Thanks in advance for the help!

o7
CMDR Retyu Ranger
o7!

Regards,

CMDR Retyu Ranger

fallout9

Re: adding second stick - LH Gladiator NXT EVO will not enter calibration mode

Postby fallout9 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 20:36

You have to push the 3 buttons within 8 seconds after plugging the joystick to USB. But this method is recommended only if you're not under windows. Otherwise, strongly suggested to use VKBDevCfg:

- select your device at the top and press default button under Tools tab;
- after device is restarting you'll get a popup asking to configure - click Yes;
- if the configuration popup doesn't show up navigate to Global/External panel and click the Find&AutoConfig button;
- after the joystick restarts click the Start Calibr Button and move the pitch and roll axes through their whole range slowly a few times, twist the grip left and right, push the minithrottle on the base up and down, click the A1 ministick (if you have Premium grip) and, when the red LED lights up on the grip, move it all way;
- click End Calibr button when done and that's it.

CMDR Retyu Ranger

Re: adding second stick - LH Gladiator NXT EVO will not enter calibration mode

Postby CMDR Retyu Ranger » Mon Apr 24, 2023 22:36

I have that utility, Cool.. I use it to shape the curve for better aiming / more sensitive aiming... and other fun stuff.. it's a good utility.

Thank you!
o7!

Regards,

CMDR Retyu Ranger

Return to “Technical Support”