Rudder and POV buttons not respond right out out of the box.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Blindsided

Rudder and POV buttons not respond right out out of the box.

Postby Blindsided » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:39

Hi
I have recently received my new Gladiator EVO (RH Space version), and when trying to do the initial setup, the only responding axis are pitch/yaw, as well as the throttle, (sorry I’m hopeless in remembering which axis letter corresponds to which).

The calibration was required to be done in the VKB configuration software, as the red button did not seem to end the calibration when done form the joystick only. When in the software, I can see that only the throttle and main stock up/down, and left/right movements are registering, with no twist or POV hats registering any movement.
The red and blue lights also blink rapidly regardless of what I try.

I have spent a few days going through the forums, and have tried the following to no avail
- update to newest firmware (even tho it came with up to date firmware
- reset to default in the configuration program and try re-calibration
-Check to ensure that the wire is connected securely / reconnect it

I have even tried plugging the stock into my brothers PC, (who owns the exact same stock), to see if it was a cable/ pc issue, however he has the exact same result with my stick, despite his responding flawlessly).

I have opened a ticket with the Australian VKB, (no answe yet, tho hopefully just busy), however can not think of anything else to try on this end to fix the issue in the hopes it’s not just a dud stick, (this particular one, as I already own another VKB stick which works great).

Any help would be appreciated, as really hoping to find a way to fix it on my side then have to go through the whole sendback/replace procedure.

Thanks!

fallout9

Re: Rudder and POV buttons not respond right out out of the box.

Postby fallout9 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:15

I think that the cable connecting the grip with the base might've been damaged during installation, please check again the internals. If that's true you could let the Aus rep know about it, so he'd send you a replacement.

Blindsided

Postby Blindsided » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:46

Thanks for the heads up Fallout9!

I don't suppose you would know where this wire was obtainable? I have tried contacting VKB Australia multiple times since the Joystick was delivered over a week ago, (on both web page support as well as direct email on both support and info emails), and cant get any response at all from them.

This is my 3rd item from VKB, and while I love the product, its the first time I've ever had to deal with support, and by the looks of it I think Australia must be the only dodgy area, as I see nothing but shining review for the rest of the counties in regards to service and support.

If you know where I am able to acquire this wire, I would even be happy to pay for the item+postage from oversees at this stage, as I would rather pay the extra than have a $325 awesome looking paperweight.

Thanks again for the info mate!

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:17

Before drawing conclusions about the serviceability and replacement of any parts, you need to be 100% sure that the problem is exactly in them.
Therefore, we need screenshots from the Global-External, Profile-Axes, Test-External devices tab configurator. A photo with the bottom plate removed is also welcome.

Blindsided

Postby Blindsided » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:49

Hey Ron61
Really appreciate taking the time to help me mate!
I have attached what I think were the right test results, (not sure on test-external devices, though could not see any other similar tabs).
Sorry for the mass base angle photos, as I wasn't sure what you were looking for.

Cheers!
Attachments
IMG_7291.jpg
IMG_7290.jpg
IMG_7289.jpg
IMG_7288.jpg
IMG_7287.jpg
Global External.png
Profile Axis.png
test-external devices.png

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 13:20

Does it seem to me that the pins are not in place or is it really? Compare with this photo.
Remove the connector and try to push them further. Be careful though, they only have one correct position.
err.jpg
Y.jpg

Perhaps, after fixing this bug, the joystick will not start at all and be seen in the configurator. Then you will need to swap the red and black pins in this connector.

Blindsided

Postby Blindsided » Thu Apr 27, 2023 13:57

Mate you are awesome.

Got some tweezers to try and adjust the wires a bit... they were locked in, tho way way to shallow.
Just relodged them all in and the joystick is responding on all axis / buttons, and the actual calibration using the stick even works, (could only calibrate via the program before).

Seriously mate, really really appreciate it!!

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:16

Just great!

Return to “Technical Support”