VKB MCG PRO Gunfighter MK.III stick disconnects randomly

Moderator: AdminGroup

Rlaxoxo

VKB MCG PRO Gunfighter MK.III stick disconnects randomly

Postby Rlaxoxo » Fri Apr 14, 2023 17:31

Hi, I've recommended the VKB stick to a couple of my friends and they bought it one of my friends is having issues with VKB stick randomly disconnecting and not working while the base axis still move properly. (https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/gunfighter-mk-iii/)

He is busy to make a support ticket and I kinda wanted to make this ticket for him to kinda force him to fix the issue : )

I tried troubleshooting the issue with him but I'm not quite sure what it is, I'm starting to think it might be an issue with the hardware it self, either the connections on the base that connect to the base of the stick or the stick it self.
Is there any good post from before with similar issues that we can pinpoint the issue?

Drano

Re: VKB MCG PRO Gunfighter MK.III stick disconnects randomly

Postby Drano » Fri Apr 14, 2023 22:58

You're saying the base still registers but the grip is intermittent. Is that correct? If so, it sounds to me like the pogo pins on the base (the 3 pins sticking up) aren't making consistent contact. Press on each of them lightly. They should push down and spring back up. If not, that may well be your problem. Keep in mind it's this springing that makes the contact. No need to jam the grip onto the stick hard when putting them together. That may damage the pins. If they are springing back up, make sure they're clean. Alcohol works. Look inside the base of the grip where the 3 contact pads are. Make sure they're clean as well. Look for a corresponding mark on each one from a pin. There should be a light mark. Not a gouge. The problem could also be in one of the wiring connections in the base but let's check on this first--it's easiest.

You can also check the signal from both the base and grip within the configurator. I'm not at my PC just now. Someone help me with what tab that's on. The screen that shows the grip and base with the signal scale next to them. If that's changing while you move the stick around then you have a problem with the comms betweek the grip and base.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2