ww2 throttle not working

Moderator: AdminGroup

fluffy

ww2 throttle not working

Postby fluffy » Mon Apr 10, 2023 20:02

I have a dual THQ, SEM, FSM-GA, NXT SCG-premium setup. The SCG is on its own usb, everything else is connected together. I have tried swapping the throttle on one of the THQ's to the WW2 throttle but it is not functioning correctly.

The WW2 throttle requires the THQ to be on sub 4, but anytime I change the subaddress to anything but 2, the entire thq becomes completely nonfunctional, buttons and axis do nothing and it shows as red as shown in capture3.
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture1.JPG

fallout9

Re: ww2 throttle not working

Postby fallout9 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 20:48

If you got the modules as a combo, then they might come with the subaddresses set by jumpers. You could either set the jumpers both THQs to 1, then allocate the subaddress by software or simply set one of the jumpers to position 4 and the other on any other position.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon Apr 10, 2023 21:26

Have you did this?
wwII_throttle.jpg
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

fluffy

Postby fluffy » Mon Apr 10, 2023 23:10

I bought it as a combo and it came with the jumpers set to position 2, I set the jumpers to position 4 and I also tried setting jumpers to position 1 and setting it to position 4 through the software. Nothing has worked, anytime it goes off sub 2 all axis and buttons do not work at all. You can even see in the picture that it is sub 4 and the other THQ is sub 1. As soon as I reconfigure it to sub 2, all the button and axis functionality comes back.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 0:10

Try again to set up the WWII grip carrier on sub4 and make sure the other THQ is on a different sub (doesn't matter which as long as it's not 4), then select the device in VKBDevCfg, press the Default button, then Yes to the popup asking to configure (if you don't get the popup you'll have to manually click the Find&aAutoConfig button on the Global/External panel) and calibrate.

fluffy

Postby fluffy » Tue Apr 11, 2023 0:25

I did it again and its still a problem, as I said, the screenshot literally shows that it is set to the correct sub. It is definitely not a hardware issue either because as I said it works perfectly fine when I set it to sub 2. You can see it has a "communication errorlevel" in the external devices screen, pic is attached. As soon as I change it to sub 2 it goes green like the others.
Attachments
Capture3.JPG

fluffy

Postby fluffy » Tue Apr 11, 2023 0:28

Here are pics of it being changed to sub 2 and greening up without issues.
Attachments
Capture6.JPG
Capture5.JPG

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 21:06

Please set 1 THQ to sub4 and the other on a different sub, then make a screen capture and upload it as Unlisted on YouTube showing the following: selecting the device at the top, then pressing Default button; either clicking Yes to config popup or clicking the Find&Autoconfig button on the Global/External panel. Select each device at the middle of the window on Global/External - #1SEM, #2THQ, #3THQ, #4FSM so we could see the settings under each. Click the Find&Show button afterwards.

fluffy

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:36

I do not have a youtube account, I am trying to attach screenshots of the settings but I am getting "http error" anytime I try to attach them now. Something I noticed, in the external devices screen the sub is listed as 2, but in the find and show menu it is listed as 4. I tried to change it to 4 on the external devices screen, but nothing happens and it resets back to 2 whenever I restart the app. I will try uploading the screenshots again soon

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:27

takes less than a minute to create a new YT account though. google drive maybe? anything that could be linked here?

fluffy

Postby fluffy » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:13

here is a link to a video of the bug

https://youtu.be/f3Z6CzUfjBY

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:29

Even if Find&Show indicate that one of the THQs is on sub4, when you browse through the connected devices the #2THQ is sub1 and #3THQ sub2. also, you're not getting the configure popup after resetting to default and the Find&AutoConfig button is also missing. This makes me thing there's something running in the background on your computer which blocks our software. Try to restart your computer into Safe mode or, even better, try the procedure on another computer, if available.
Could also try swapping the USB port (plugging directly to motherboard would be better), turn off background running software, especially programs like Razer, Logitech, Corsair, Aorus, LED management, antivirus etc.

fluffy

Postby fluffy » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:13

I certainly do not have any software blocking anything like that. I already plug it directly into the motherboard, and I've tried a couple usb ports. From what I heard, the find and autoconfig button was removed. This seems like a software bug or faulty hardware, literally everything works perfectly except when I need to set it to sub4 for the throttle.

At this point I would like to return it, unless a dev has any other ideas to fix it.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:36

There's a bit too much certitude in your statement. It is clear from your video that the software doesn't run properly: you should receive the config popup (similar with the calibration one, which does show up), which is the equivalent of the Find&AutoConfig button. In your video it doesn't show up. In order to find where the issue is we'll have to eliminate known elements which could interfere with existing software and hardware.

fluffy

Postby fluffy » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:56

Well I only have firefox, steam, nvidia experience, and windows apps running. Most your users are running those. I've also tried running as admin and uninstalling/reinstalling windows drivers. I am going to try a total uninstall/reinstall of all VKB software/drivers/etc. Is there any registry files I should remove in regedit for a complete uninstall?

Return to “Technical Support”