NXT Prem L+R + THQ + WWIGrip + SEM-V

Moderator: AdminGroup

RogoRogo

NXT Prem L+R + THQ + WWIGrip + SEM-V

Postby RogoRogo » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:53

Hello,
I am looking for hive mind help with an issue that surely has arisen often, yet I was not able to find it in the forum.

After testing my VKB Gladiator NXT R (PremGrip) and finding it, well, perfect, I wanted to extend my setup to the following scenario:
- 2 Stronghold Mounts, for NXT Base R+L
- left mount THQ
- WWII Grip for THQ
- left mount SEM-V

so I ordered the stuff (even a USB HID just to be safe, although that should not be needed) and assembled it - which went perfectly and the modularity is also just nice.
So see attached picture for how this is supposed to look.

And then.... nothing worked (of course, sigh, we can we never have nice things ;) )
the cabling was spot on.
After some more research I found a random video (video, random, by someone random) with a VKB sourced info for "left" configuration, so I changed the cabling (see attached picture) - and the left stick started working (communication error with the grip before), the right stick worked normally again (how does that even...) and the THQ module registered.

BUT:
- the THQ WWII grip has no button functions
- the THQ WWII gip is two axes instead of one (aka it does not register, as the plug should unifiy the axes as per documentation aso)
- the third throttle axis of the THQ is registering as a different subdevice (ah.. what? :) )
- none of the THQ LEDs light up (in default state)
- the SEM-V module (connected via USB-C/USB-C to the THQ) is still inert and does not register

I have opened a ticket (VKB EU, and that is one guy who cannot do everything instantly) and attached every picture and info I have but maybe I can receive more info here to solve this. ATM I have disconnected the left array (do not want to risk any hardware damage, although THANKFULLY VKB seems extremely protected against any burnouts by plugging [cold ofc!]) but I would really like to fly :) and also use the WWII grip as intended.

Thank you in advance for any help!

UPDATE:
Murphy's law must really be the universal law of the galaxy.
By repeating all steps I have had already repeated an entire night a bazillion I somehow got everything to work a module at a time... ofc only after a complete disassembly to jumper level (where nothing was changed or had to be changed... not jumpers, not cabling).
I am now down to a well known USB-C cable issue (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6305&p=59308#p59308) for which I have updated my support ticket (no, I was using the original cable when it did not work before)
Attachments
6.jpg
7.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg

Return to “Technical Support”