VKB NXT EVO SCG error on Y axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

Zeeby

VKB NXT EVO SCG error on Y axis

Postby Zeeby » Tue Apr 04, 2023 22:02

Hello VKB,

After some really fast shipping I opened my 2 x Gladiator NVT EVO Space Combat Edition joysticks today.

Assembled both by the guides, calibrated the right one with great success, but when I calibrated the left one the Y axis looks to not provide everything it has to.

The "middle" baseline calibration number is 32767 and when I put the stick all the way forward it only goes to around 17k and when pulled backwards it goes to 57k, whereas the right one goes to 0 and 65k (0 to 100)

I can't find any hardware difference or assembly difference. I've added no plates, swapped no tensions or anything. I've dissassembled the grip from the base and put it back, but it's exactly the same issue whatever I do.

Both joysticks run the same hardware and have been calibrated numerous times at this point.

What more is there to do?

fallout9

Re: VKB NXT EVO SCG error on Y axis

Postby fallout9 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:22

Release the dampeners all the way. If you removed the spring on the Y axis make sure the grip is at center when starting calibration.
Start all over with a reset to Default.

DeadWalking

Re: VKB NXT EVO SCG error on Y axis

Postby DeadWalking » Sun Apr 09, 2023 13:27

I will second the being sure to have it centered before starting the calibration.

Return to “Technical Support”