T-Rudder and Brakes?

Moderator: AdminGroup

NervusTwitch

T-Rudder and Brakes?

Postby NervusTwitch » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:34

I have the Gladiator Evo and VKB rudder pedals.

I have a very hard time understanding the VKBconfig software so Im a total noob with it.

What I would like to know if its possible is for example use the pedals as normal rudder but when I press the pinkie button on the EVO as a shift to then split the rudder axis into 2 for left and right brakes while holding the pinkie button and then when letting go it goes back to rudder function as normal, is this possible with the VKBdevconfig?

If so could someone help me understand to set this up?

Also I have never been able to get T-Link software to work on my PC, it gives an error that VKB support couldnt help me correct so I dont bother with that.
As for both brakes at once I dont need that as I have designed and 3d printed a brake lever to fit onto the Gladiator EVO that uses the EVO's throttle axis.

Ron61

Re: T-Rudder and Brakes?

Postby Ron61 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 15:22

See this topic.
It is not necessary to make a brake lever from the gas axis. By connecting the pedals to the GNX via Z-Link, there is no need for a twist axis. And by removing the Cn checkbox, you can make a brake axis out of it. Which will regulate the overall level of braking, and the movement of either foot will release the opposite wheel and the plane will begin to turn in the right direction.

NervusTwitch

Postby NervusTwitch » Tue Mar 28, 2023 20:00

I'll look over the link.
Thank you.

NervusTwitch

Postby NervusTwitch » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:53

I havent looked at z-link yet but sounds good.

As for my brake lever it was more for modern aircraft or even space sims. I wanted the left and right brakes for warbirds.

This is how I did my lever, it just connects to the throttle pot since I never use it on my right stick anyways, I just use my warthog or left EVO stick.
Attachments
20230316_233455.jpg

Return to “Technical Support”