List of USB Device IDs; Linux Virtual Controller Support

Moderator: AdminGroup

isantop

List of USB Device IDs; Linux Virtual Controller Support

Postby isantop » Fri Mar 10, 2023 19:08

I recently received my new dual-Gladiator setup that I was planning on using primarily for Elite, but obviously I ran into the issue where Elite only recognizes up to 32 buttons per device. Luckily, the Gladiators support the option to split the controller into multiple virtual controllers to work around this issue, and this works great in Windows. Unfortunately, I primarily use Linux for my gaming and while I have the ability to boot into Windows for things (like running the configuration software), it's a strong preference to stick with Linux most of the time. And the virtual controllers are not recognized by default in my standard distribution of choice (Pop_OS 22.04, similar to Ubuntu).

As it turns out, support can be fixed by booting with the

Code: Select all

usbhid.quirks=0xVID:0xPID:0xQuirkID
boot parameter (For my specific setup,

usbhid.quirks=0x231d:0x0200:0x040
to enable the HID driver multi-input quirk, which fixes it. However, these quirks can also be built into the kernel for the OS to provide automatic support. Additionally, I'm a Pop_OS developer employed by System76 who can add this support. And while working on that inclusion, I thought it would be good to get an idea of the other USB Device IDs for other sticks to help expand this support to cover the whole range of VKB hardware.

Does anyone have a list of VKB Device IDs that I can include in the support? I would need the Product ID and the Vendor ID (if it's different from

231D

analog

Re: List of USB Device IDs; Linux Virtual Controller Support

Postby analog » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:14

So how does it work if you have say 2 gladiators 0200 and 0201

usbhid.quirks=0x231d:0x0200:0x040 usbhid.quirks=0x231d:0x0201:0x040
?

EDIT:
No it is not the above. Comma seperated strings

usbhid.quirks=0x231d:0x0201:0x040,0x231d:0x0200:0x040

Now linux can see it

Delta

Re: List of USB Device IDs; Linux Virtual Controller Support

Postby Delta » Thu Jan 18, 2024 21:59

All VKB devices have vendor ID 0x231D. The product IDs are extremely variable though, since you can arbitrarily combine various kinds of modular controllers, and each module affects the PID in different ways. You could say pretty much every PID under the 0x231D VID is likely to contain a VKB controller.

Return to “Technical Support”