Gladiator Evo L XT setup as throttle

Moderator: AdminGroup

Woug

Gladiator Evo L XT setup as throttle

Postby Woug » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:01

Hello,
I have got a Gladiator Evo L XT.
I used the plate to put the X axis in a fixed position zo I can use it as a Throttle.
However, My Y axis physically moves al the way up and down, but in the test module I see that is only gives an output in the first half of the possible range, so from 0 to 32767.
Is There a way to set the axis so that it uses all of the range?
https://youtu.be/u8aO22DxMF8

fallout9

Re: Gladiator Evo L XT setup as throttle

Postby fallout9 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:16

The joystick is not calibrated, please follow the guide here. Make sure the grip is in the middle of the Y axis when you start calibration.

Woug

Postby Woug » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:37

Yes Thank You very much.
The question is, my x axis is , well fixated with the plate delivered with the joystick (i like it a lot as a throttle!!).
So I can not move the X axis. Should I disable it?

If I may a second, very annoying question. I want to program the jester function in the tomcat in my Gladiator. When I program that button in DCS to jester Menu, and I push that button, the menu comes up very shortly. I tried to set it up as a toggle, but that didnt work. Tried to read the vkb manual, but I am a digital noob. Yes you knew already of course. I would appreciate the answer a lot. Thx again

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sat Mar 04, 2023 21:55

Woug wrote:The question is, my x axis is , well fixated with the plate delivered with the joystick (i like it a lot as a throttle!!).
So I can not move the X axis. Should I disable it?

I have tried undocumented feature))) I haven't fix X axis at all. No springs, Dampers only. Y axis works as a throttle while Y as RPM)

Woug wrote:If I may a second, very annoying question. I want to program the jester function in the tomcat in my Gladiator.

What do tou mean jester function?
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Woug

Postby Woug » Sun Mar 05, 2023 20:58

Well, in DCS the F14 has an artificial Radar Intercept Officer. He is called Jester. To activate him , you need to push a button. But it seems to me that it has to be a toggle or something. A button that you turn on with a push, that stays on (keeps emitting a signal perhaps, i dont know) until you turn him off. When I asign the function of a button to Jester, it briefly appears when I push the button, but it immidiately disappears. So my guess is that the buttons on my stick are wrongly configurated and that they only give a brief command when pushed. I am sorry, can not explain it any more clear as I dont understand the programming,

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sun Mar 05, 2023 21:03

Try Button Alternate function. It works like CapsLock. Press it once. Output signal will stay on until next press.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Woug

Postby Woug » Mon Mar 06, 2023 20:30

Thx, i will try that next weekend, work you know. Thx again

Return to “Technical Support”