Has drifting or sticking Gladiator stick been reported?

Moderator: AdminGroup

DDT

Has drifting or sticking Gladiator stick been reported?

Postby DDT » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:37

NXT Gladiator Pro stick
18 months old

The Sim:
DCS World

The Problem:
Sometimes my stick makes my plane get pulled in one random direction though the stick is centered. Maybe a dive, a dive to one side, or maybe just climb. It becomes near impossible to fly level, and to do so you have to pull the stick all the way in the opposite direction. At first I thought it was a bug in DCS but no one else has reported it.

Then I realized I could get control back and fly straight by using the keyboard keys for flight. So, it has to be the stick. Seems like it happens once every couple of weeks.

It seems to go back to normal on it's own. Otherwise the stick is normal and functional.

Has this been reported before and is there a known solution? Or is the stick about to kick it and die?
DDT
End of Transmission:

fallout9

Re: Has drifting or sticking Gladiator stick been reported?

Postby fallout9 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:45

Probably because the joystick is not calibrated. You could see and follow the process here.
If you tried to calibrate with Windows tools please say so, so I could guide you through erasing that.

DDT

Re: Has drifting or sticking Gladiator stick been reported?

Postby DDT » Thu Mar 02, 2023 14:10

Where do I find the calibration software seen in the video? Keep in mind, please, that my stick is not the new EVO version.

In fact, I don't ever remember calibrating the stick at all.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it.
DDT
End of Transmission:

Return to “Technical Support”